Monday, November 27, 2006

relationships

i just thought it would b cute to post this pic. this is me and my ex-boyfriend (not husband) lmbo. he and i are still very kool. but i just got news that he is not doing so well...and it just makes me sad. but i hope that his life can be turned around. **hey u, in the pic...u won't read this, at least for a few months. but i pray for you often. God loves you baby, and so do i.

i was thinking today...

actually for the last few weeks, relationships and love have been on my mind.

but i'm not referring to just relationships with the opposite sex, but in general.

i have learned so much over the past 7 weeks that my church has been collectively doing a study called 40 Days of Community. It has done wonders for me to clarify a lot of things, and to emphasize the importance of relationships. God made us to have friendships and family relationships...it is not by chance, we need each other, we make each other better, we strengthen each other, we encourage each other, we bring joy and happiness to one another, and we help complete each other.

i was recently shocked at this girl i know...i heard her telling someone that she didn't like her family, so she wasn't gonna spend the holidays with them. rather, she opted to stay home alone. her entire immediate family was together and wanted her to come...but she didn't care. i was amazed at that.
one of the major things that i've learned is that all real relationships are WORK. anything that isn't tested often is not for real. it is so important to make room for people, their idiosynchrocies, bad habits or whatever else. none of us are perfect and a part of building relationships is accepting people and being understanding about those "ways" that they may have that rub us the wrong way. i sure want to be accepted and loved just like i am.

i'm not saying that we have to stay in toxic or abusive relationships, but i am saying that not everyone who does something that is irritating should be cut off. perfect example, i recently made a new friend. Her name is Tasha, she is beautiful, intelligent, and she can SANG her hiny off! but when i met Tasha...she made a comment about the Chex Mix i was eating(lmbo)...she said, "that's not good for you." i said, "you don't even know what it is." she responded, "well whatever it is, it isn't good for you." i just rolled my eyes and kept it moving. but i later told a mutual friend that i could already tell that i wasn't gonna mix well with her.

But now, I love her so much, it's stoopid. *hehehe* it has only been maybe 9 months since we first met. i honestly believe that God brought us into each other's lives right on time. we are helping each other thru some crazy stuff...even now. she pushes me. she believes in me, when i'm like, "i can't do that." she'll say, "you didn't even try." i dig that SO much. that's all i ever wanted in a friendship...i don't have to be anything but me with her. and her with me.
now how hot is that??
and just to think that i was about to dismiss her the day i met her...lmbo
yes, there r things about her that make me wanna scream. she is a bit of a perfectionist, i think she worries too much about what people think and how things appear, she has an aggressive personality, a little diva at times...all the things that irritate me about MYSELF. (lol)

i almost walked out on our friendship already more than once...because it is not easy.
but i won't take the easy route out..because we are gifts to each other.
the other night...i was going through. i felt like i was on the verge of a break down. i had an appointment to meet with her at her crib. so i showed up, but things weren't going according to plan. i was getting ready to leave without saying what was on my heart. she said, "Chan, what's going on with the *****?" I stopped in my tracks because it was the exact issue i was stressed about. i couldn't believe it, so i said, "what made u ask me that?" she said she didn't know. so i started telling her...and broke down crying.
she grabbed my hand and said," let's pray." we walked in another room, away from the kids and she, i, and our friend Marcus began to pray. she and Marcus prayed for me...i couldn't talk, i could hardly breathe between sobs. i've never quite had something so powerful initiated by my friends before. it was amazing.

relationships really are so precious. and are worth the work.
i'm learning so much about genuine LOVE. and starting with loving myself, i'm not settling for that psuedo stuff anymore. i recognize the real deal. i'm doing just fine right now too, "single, saved, satisfied", and better than okay!!

11 comments:

TrinaBeingTrina said...

First of all..no you did not pull that picture out of the archiles...hahaha

Seriuosly,I'm really happy that you have found someone to help you get things into perspective. Maybe what you needed was to have someone around you that was just like you. When you said she worries to much about what people think and how things appear, that is totally you. It must be like looking in a mirror for you. hahaha

I do however have a slightly different perspective regarding friendships and how much work needs to be put into them. But that is a subject for another time.

BTW...Whatever it is that has you stressed...just shake it off. I know it's easier said than done but you know me...Fuck It!

feels good b n FREE said...

trina, i know that pic is from wayy back...lol. it seems like it anyway.
yeah Tasha is good to have around. and i agree with you that family is the most important, but my true friends are just about as important as family. i'm blessed to have them.
yeah thanx for the email about my stress and all that. i'm good now.
it is working out, it was just one of them things. u know??
thank u, luv u

tamiko said...

hey chan,
thats a nice pic of you and Lou, and i'm praying that God would turn his life around. Its funny because your friend seems like me, and i am truly greatful that God has put me in your life as well because i can relate with you in so many areas, but we gonna pray those pains away (lol). i just had a devastating event take place in my life and i aint throwing no pics up to remind me of that past because i believe God has sent some of his angels to come fetch me out and take me out of LoDebar. i been in this place too long and the struggle is over for me. You have to call me sometimes so we can chat, but of course i will leave the info in your message box at the space place :). Luv ya girl and whenever you need me i'm just a butt'n away. I know that Lou frequents your page at times and that's how i found you. so Lou if you r reading this may the grace of God be with you and we are all praying for you. life can deal us some card and if we dont know how to play the game we'd lose, but thank God somebody prayed for me, had me on their mind and took the time and prayed for me, and we are doing the same for you. luv ya chani!

tamiko said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
feels good b n FREE said...

tam...
u r a really a wonderful person.
and i am also thankful that we got hooked up..whether thru mr hilliard...or whatever. :)
u have been an encouragement to me too, so many times!
thanx.
make sure u leave that info, i'll b looking for it.
luv u

uniquepressure said...

ill!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

uniquepressure said...

sike naw! solid post ms lady! i am glad friendships are possible. As a kid i always hated when our folx would tell you that if you had 2 or 3 friends in life you are in great shape. i thought it was ridiculous. I was like if you only have 2 or 3 friends, you are a plug! lol. but as i grow i realize that true friendship is work, it is not just a connection that is momentary, in proverbs solomen says a friend Must first be found friendly! And he says a friend is proven in adversity. Relationships period, are proven in adversity. Sometimes it is the irritation that produces results! Like a grain of sand that gets into the clam and the friction and it is the irritation of the sand that produces a pearl! It is easy and selfish to quit, but in the end, after the lights go off, and the movie ends, and the moon becomes the center peice in the sky the only thing that matters is the relationships we have. (JESUS,Family,Friends)

uniquepressure said...

i came back by your blog again by accident and i think i just threw up a little bit in my mouth! yack!

uniquepressure said...

i got a comment for you..... Im locked up, they won't let me out! lol

that aint even funny, my bad im sorry... but i heard the song audibly as i looked at your page! Remember the X-mas tree! lol. some good some bad, but all in all a experience that has contributed to our character!

feels good b n FREE said...

yo unique...
ain't nuthin unique about!
ur such a niiiiiiigro! and we see them all the time. lol.
u shouldn't make fun of other people's misfortunes!!!!

look what he wrote me when we broke up, i think it's special...
u need to stop hating that i luved-ed him! everyone needs to be loved. even u with that gingivitis...lmbo. ok i'm kidding. but look:
"i want you to know that i still love you and that you will always hold a special place in my heart. i wish that things didn`t turn out the way that they did, but i don`t regret meeting you at all. you are a very special woman to me and if it hadn`t been for you, i don`t know where i`d be today. i thank you for showing me more love in a a little over a year than all my relationships combined.(smile) that takes a special woman to do that. it takes an even greater woman to put up with all my sh$t.(lol) if i know nothing else, i know that it will take me a while to find a woman who can fill your shoes. if i should happen to find such a woman, i hope she has pretty feet. you know how i am about the toes...(lol) i love you, chan! don`t forget that. ever..."

ain't that precious?? stop ur hatin dummy.

Friar Tuck said...

I agree that all relationships ARE work.

I do think sometimes we all need space though...and that is ok...even from family on Christmas...as long as it doesnt turn into a lifetime of running from difficult relationships...because we never grow that way