Monday, April 10, 2006

Hi ya'll



i know i've been away for a while, but i decided to check back in with you.
it's hard to put in to words all that's going on in my life right now. although it is mostly an internal thing...lots of spiritual and emotional and physical transition going on.
as for blogging, i think i was beginning to get too carried away with approval.
i maybe didn't show it much, but there was always a struggle between writing about the stuff bloggers wanna read about, or just have an honest expression of who i am.
i know what it should be..but if bloggers are honest, we all consider our readers when typing away.

Anyway, I hosted a baby shower on saturday. It was at a local golf course. I was running around like a chicken with no head. LOL. For 48 hrs b4 the shower I was doing favors, I did about 50 of them. Filled them with candy, wrapped the tulle, tied ribbons and a tag on each one. Then I cooked italian meatballs...(which a guy later told me were "wacking"...it's a good thing) and I made a beef, tomato and cheese taco dip, I made 48 cupcakes (for a game) 4 of them had plastic babies in them. Those four people won a prize. I filled up a big baby bottle with gumballs..for a guess how many gumballs contest....hmm...among other things. I got to the place early to decorate and so on...lol, i had on high heels moving tables and chairs and putting up banners and the like...then after all that I ran the shower, the ice breaker, the games and so on. I was tired after that. My calves and my thighs have not yet recovered...ugh! I was rubbing them down with that pain reliever stuff last night.
But it was all so worth it, when my girl hugged me and thanked me...And several of the attendees (that I didn't know) told me that I did a wonderful job. :)

on another note,i'm starving. i couldn't figure out what i was feeling when i woke up...but after a series of elimination, i figured it's hunger that i'm experiencing. normally, i'd be at the gym by now, but this hunger was so crippling i had to wait. i'm not a big breakfast eater, but i think yogurt might trick my body into thinking i actually ate. maybe a carnation instant (yuck) breakfast. i have some downstairs and it'll definitely make this feeling go away...hmmm...
ne way, today at my gym is the weigh in for a 6 week weight loss challenge. so I entered the joint. there are 3 pots of money up for grabs, and I totally intend on grabbing one (lol)
the weigh back is May 22...so I'll let u know what's up.

i'm actually very excited about EASTER or as i like to call it, Resurrection Day...
which by the way, why is it that only christian holy days have been turned into, like, national days of fun?? santa claus and toys, easter bunny and candy....*smh*
any who...moving on.
i'm excited. i love the season. the reminder that Jesus was so devoted to me that he purposely died at calvary. (oh boy there goes the readers...lol) but honestly, i am grateful, and i am challenged about my devotion to HIM.

i haven't sung in the choir for a while, until recently. i recommited and have been singing ever since. i think naturally, i'm a leader and a soloist. BUT, i'm not pushy (altho i can be) i'm really careful about that, especially because i'm the pastor's daughter. so i just fall back...do my part and chill. well, a few sundays ago i was in the congregation. singing during communion. (everybody sings) and a lady from the choir was in front of me. after service she grabbed me and said after hearing me, she had a song she wanted me to sing on Easter. i thought that was nice of her to ask me. when you sing...you always want to. i mean, i love every opportunity i'm given. but i learned that i don't have to force any one to notice me...that promotion and noteriety really comes from God. i guess it's a small example, but never the less.

i have a praise report!!!! my nephew Jeremiah is home!!!! yippie!! Christopher isn't home yet, but he is out of the isolette and gaining weight. He's on his way out too...just thought i'd share. I heard Jeremiah drinking his bottle over the phone and i just cried. lol. small victories.i know it sounds corny, but i count my blessings. :)

well i guess that's about all....
love ya'll and i'll catch up wit u again real soon!

16 comments:

LUVIN ME said...

Welcome back from your blogging hiatus...You have been missed.

I don't think there is a true thing that bloggers "want" to read about, we enjoy reading about YOU!

I'm happy to hear that the babies are doing better!

feels good b n FREE said...

@luvinme...aw, thanx
you always encourage me...glad u came by!!

Anonymous said...

damz diamonds nice to see u again!! im gald u doin aight gurl!! we all need u here!! luvin me i

latinachik4lif said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
latinachik4lif said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
latinachik4lif said...

damz diamonds nice to see u again!! im gald u doin aight gurl!! we all need u here!! luvin me is right we enjoy reading u!! u lookin real good in da pic ;)

umm sorry bout dat anonymous thing! mah school pc is trippin!!

Waddie G. said...

I, too, know about the frustrations of blogging...just go with your gut instincts on what to write about...it's the best way for us to get to know about you even if the posts aren't about you...like most of mine.

Anonymous said...

Ultimately your blog is exactly that...your blog. You decide how you want to be reflected. You may decide that you want to maintain your public persona but you may also want to have a private place to keep your thoughts and feelings when you don't feel comfortable exposing yourself to the world. Enjoy the spring and summer. If you decide to extend your break we'll see you in the fall. Take care.
-Berry

Superstar Nic said...

Internal struggles can be VERY consuming, its like they take over your life so I can understand.

I find myself struggling to come up with the stuff bloggers wanna read about. I don’t know how I got into doing that. It just sort crept up on me.

That's great that the baby is home!

Ladynay said...

Girl, we all think about what people are gonna read because this is a public forum. But just continue to blog about you and what you know. We'll still be here!

YAYYYY for one of the babies comming home!

Ms.Honey said...

Just cause I'm on a hiatus doesn't mean I can't creep LOL...I def feel ya on not writing what you really want to write..that's what I was dealing with...I'll be back soon...got to work out some more things.....aww yeaaa!!! so glad he's home and doing well, the other one will be home soon I'm keeping them both in my prayers

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

good luck on your weight challenge....glad your back..

Anonymous said...

Please start eating something or drinking a protein shake in the morning before working out. You are doing a disservice to your body when you work it out without nutrition. A protein bar...toast with peanut butter...something. "i'd be at the gym by now, but this hunger was so crippling i had to wait. i'm not a big breakfast eater, but i think yogurt might trick my body into thinking i actually ate. maybe a carnation instant (yuck) breakfast. i have some downstairs and it'll definitely make this feeling go away...hmmm..." Your body is telling you something. Listen.

Anonymous said...

p.s. hope you've been using sparkpeople...it is a great tool!

SilkySmooth said...

I fing agree with luvin me. Just blog about what you wanna get off your or what you feel people should know. Good see you got your mind right. Lose that wait girl. (Kanye Work-Out Plan)

Brotha Buck said...

Ive found myself doing the same thing, but it really is best if you disregard who might be reading, and your words will flow free-er.