Saturday, April 01, 2006

Hey
I figured I'd write a real post. After re reading my last two posts I had to laugh to myself.
I realize that they reflect opposites in the realm of emotions...and back to back. You folx are probably thinking...What's going on with her?? lol
But while all the things I write are inspired by my life...it's not always that deep. My dad always reminds me that feelings are like traffic lights, if you stay still long enough they'll change. :)
So that is what you see reflected in my poems.
The thing about emotions is just that. They are valid, they make me human...but they can't be in total control...you know?

Anyway, I haven't mentioned much about my weight loss kick, but that's mainly because I'm busy trying to do it. :) Don't want you to think I've given up...I'm working on it. Trying to hit the gym at least 4x a week. Portion control is everything...cause no carbs is not for me. I did cut all sodas and juices. I do eat fruit tho, and plenty of water.... So, let's just see.
In terms of weight loss I haven't been weighed again yet but I think I get weighed soon
(I gotta check) But I'm not as interested in the number yet, as I am with how I'm feeling.
But as I said, I'll keep you posted.

My nephews are doing well! One is no longer in the ICU, but they are both still hospitalized. They are on feeding tubes, but are taking the bottle too. They are maintaining their temp (which is real important) and we are believing God that they'll be coming home soon. I'm praying they are home by spring break, so I can go spoil them for a week. Yippie!!

I used to wonder why people just up and stopped blogging. Yesterday I felt why. I can't explain it, but I felt it. That feeling of ..."ah, nevermind."
I'm not gonna stop blogging yet...but I have felt somewhat of a disconnect from the blogging world. If it wasn't for the therapy of logging my thoughts, experiences, and other such stuff...
I'd probably be done with it.

Well, just checking in. Talking a whole bunch about nuffin. lol

Ciao...for now

13 comments:

Ladynay said...

Well don't stop completely, just maybe every now and again. I think it's cuz after awhile blogging loses it's newness. So just like a lot of things, after awhile your just like.....ehhh!

Happy to read your nephews are making progress!

Friar Tuck said...

good to hear you catching us up

princessdominique said...

Girl you can't stop blogging. You made some friends now!

The Gig said...

I will be praying for your nephews. Sorry to hear they are in the hospital.

That loosing weight thing -- it can be a never ending battle and if and when you do loose weight, you have to constantly battle to keep it off.

I'm not sure why people stop blogging either except for maybe they run out of things to blog about. Since I have been blogging, I felt I made a whole new and different world of friends, but we all seem to be falling away. I may not stop blogging but I may take a short break, especially since I enjoy the comments because they make me think that maybe I have something interesting to talk about, but that hasn't been the case lately.

latinachik4lif said...

hope everythin is good with da diet...im on 1 too.... dont stop loggin tho please!!!!!!!!!!!!.....lol.....i just dont wanna c u go :'( ....i lik readin ure blogs....i learn from them.... please think bout it....ohh n a favor...can u go comment me???....i really want ure opinion...lol....datz why i havnt written no other blog...lol...i've been waitin for u to comment.....prayers on da nephews...good to nou u doin aight

LUVIN ME said...

Don't stop blogging...Who would I have to go to for honest comments that have me rolling, but make me think?

SilkySmooth said...

You stop blogging please; who's name would I have to make fun of. How you gonna stop something that you got everyone else doing. And who are you kidding, you love to blog no matter what its about. Get your blog-mind right; gems,stones,and red bull.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Silkysmooth said you are the queen blogger! Stop those meaningless threats. You know you will not give up on bloggin. As far as loosing weight you know how I feel about that but I'll be supportive and not try to temp you with goodies.

I'm so happy that the twins are doing good. :-)

LUVIN ME said...

I'm tagging you

The rules are
1. Who ever I tag has to come up with 10 different points of their perfect lover
2. Mention the gender of target
3. The person tagged has to tag 8 people and leave them a comment letting them know they have
been tagged.

Ms.Honey said...

Thanks for updating us...I feel ya on the weight thing. I love carbs but I know I can't eat them all the time so I'm controlling them....awww give the babies lots of love....

Casey said...

stopping by.... good post.

Brotha Buck said...

Ah, that feeling of nevermind. Been there. Twice this week.

Superstar Nic said...

I agree w/LadyNay. At least check in with us every now and then.

That’s so good you’re getting in that exercise! I’m on that weight loss kick to. I’ve lost about 12 pounds in the last 5 wks, but I could just get in more exercise, I would really be doing good.

Have a great weekend!