Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It ain't EVEN that serious!

I've found, over the last, let's say week or so, that some stuff just ain't that serious. As I said to you I've moved back home and getting settled is always consuming. So I've been away from the computer and from some of my regular correspondences and so on. I don't pay my cell phone...and unfortunately the person who does recently got into some financial straits, so my phone is temporarily (I hope..lol) off. So I haven't recieved many calls...with the exception of about 3 of the persistent who've chased me down @ my otha number. At first I was distressed about the lack of communication with certain folx, stressed about not keeping up with my blogspot...and all that kinda thing. Then one day I just decided that aw, it ain't that serious...I'm not gonna die without it...lol
I was talking to my girl today. She told me that an aquaintance of ours and she would be going out on Friday. I immediately felt myself getting a little possesive. I had to slow my roll...I've always been very protective of my friends, but I've matured a lot and when I feel those sorts of feelings now, I get a grip. I had to take a deep breathe and realize (again) that her other relationships DON'T have any bearing on our relationship. Come on Chan! It's not that serious...so I woo saaah'ed and let it go.

On another note, I have a slightly older (10 or so yrs) male "friend"...who has been that for about 18months now. He has always been consistent and sometimes convenient. So to speak. I was talking to him the other day and while we were on the phone he was flirting with another woman(at his gig)...all the while calling me baby and asking when was I coming to visit. So I say to him "hey, u need me to call u back?" He insists that I stay on the phone. Then he puts me on hold. So after about point 2 seconds I bang. "I'll be dag on..." (lol) So he calls back like babe, why u hang up? I coulda told him but you know what???.....that's right it ain't that serious. So we kept talking and he asked me to come over and since I was frying fish for dinner to bring him a plate. I said "I'll be there." We hung up. I said to myself "humph, I ain't going." Listen, I am not even a little bit beat to have this man even pretend to think like he's playing me...another youngin in his arsenal...no sir. It ain't even serious like that, so I stayed home.
Continuing on, I called my self being stressed out about some fake, non existent...even if it did exist meaningless drama between myself and whoever. I took a step back from the situation and thought...are you kidding me? In the big scheme of things, and stuff that matters this don't. To each it's own...experience is a teacher...I ain't got anotha word to say, cause it really ain't even serious like that.
The same thing goes for the crap I been dealing with from my ex...pish posh. I confided in him something that had happened to me that was so embarrasing and hurtful that I'd only told two other people in earnest. Do you know this guy told my kids and made a joke out of it? After pretending to be supportive. My kids? They r babies...they didn't even know what they were saying when they repeated his words. I confronted him on it and he just laughed it off. God brought that to my remembrance today....He doesn't love me. Even though he says he does, all the time. He doesn't wish the best for me...to him it's all competition...to me it has always been love. But you know what??? I thank God for freedom and clarity...If you're reading...man, you think you still got control...but whatever has held me in the past, it ain't that serious...and it's in the past.

*Ain't no feeling like being free When your mind's made up
And your hearts in the right place, yeah
Ain't no feeling like being free
When you've done all you could
but was misunderstood
(It's all good, it's all good)
Ain't no feeling like being free
I'm like an eagle set free
finally I'm looking out for me
Ain't no feeling like being free
Cause my minds made up
And my heart is in the right place, yeah

Life is too short to get caught up and twisted up in stressin over a bunch of things that are meaningless...you know?
o btw, I have a "semi" internet stalker...it's kinda crazy. Dood just popped up outta no where. He sent me a nice email or two, so I sent one back and said thanx for the nice words...ever since i done got about 12 consecutive emails...that kinda got me trippin. So I'm like whoa man! I mean, I'm sure you're cool and all...but 12 emails in a row...is it that serious??
*Ne way... to any of ya'll that still stop thru and show a sista luv by reading and by saying wssup in my comments...thanx.

12 comments:

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I know it is not really that serious, but sometimes I get so pissed off I have to make it that serious. haha

Anyway you didn't have to get jealous over us going out you can come, dag!!! :-)

feels good b n FREE said...

lol...dang...can't u pretend like you don't know what friend i'm referring too???

man!!! can't hide nuffin from your tail...lol

luv u...hehehe

Bobby Brown Jr. said...

you know that song was my theme song last year. I actually used it in my very first blog post. btw i really like the new look. its sooo bright & fresh & airy...lol

Friar Tuck said...

Like the new format.

Have missed ya lately.

feels good b n FREE said...

Hey!!

@BBJ...yeah actually that was my anthem all through our seperation and finally divorce. But just thinking through things again...making up my mind again...I felt the need to revive that joint. It's timeless and so tru. I luv seein ur face up in tha place...glad u like my new digs...figured why not change it up a bit in the 06...lol

@friar, hey sweetie! glad u liked it. i been missin u too...but i'm back in the place...u know anotha year...new things...:)

@tamiko...u know i always love to hear from you lady! thanx for the constant encouragement! thank u for continung to read me...trust the luv is mutual and i appreciate it all...even the emails u sent me.
keep comin thru k?

smooches everybody!!

princessdominique said...

Girl I lovey love love your new digs. Bright and white for the new year. Awesome! And as for the ex...hmph, yeah, Jesus expects to see your fruit and so do I. Saying you love is one thing, but where's your love at? That's the question I always ask.

Casey said...

Great new lay out...

"Life is too short to get caught up and twisted up in stressin over a bunch of things that are meaningless.."

That is sooooo true!!!!

feels good b n FREE said...

@ruben...thanx for te encouragement

@princessdom...wow, that is really meaningful.I wil keep the ACT of love in the forefront of my mind..versus just talk.

@casey...it is isn't it. i'm just trying take it in stride and keep moving forward in the Lord..

ListenToLeon.net said...

Sorry to hear about all the stress you have been going through. Keep your head up, and don't let those other folks bring you down ;)

uniquepressure said...

i never thought id miss you like i do! i know life must go on and like you say some things are not that serious! but we are like each others shadow and even with my life and family and you with yours you will always have a special place in my heart and life. i get joy just seeing you around. and knowing dinner is at 7..LOL (inside joke) but life goes on> I love your writing, and although you are soooo critical of mine.. i will not retailiate in like manner .. but real recognize real! big ups to CHOO_CHOO, thanks for keeping me going when i felt like giving up and i hope one day i can return the favor. Remember when i get that million, you going be my under the table investment! lol .......{AGAPE II}...
yours

christopher "if it aint a date why am i paying?" Betner

feels good b n FREE said...

@unique...i'm gonna address all my other comments but you know I HAD to respond to yours as soon as I read it. I immediately got tears in my eyez cause i didn't think u missed me...lol
all in love and everything. :)
i'm proud of you unc! you don't even know. but change is always hard.
you are always my precious...and lets race for that million and whoever gets it first, got the other.
on our last "date" u was missin your woman a lot...but that's kool, i don't mind sharing my shine.
as long as u don't 4get ur sista!!

i know mommy is proud!keep moving forward and staying on track...
dinner is always @ 7 (in my heart)

luv u little brotha
me

feels good b n FREE said...

@hustleman..i'm jus glad to see ur face...lol

@tam...i'm so glad gurl!

@latinchik...missed u shawtie...glad ur ok, and that u like my page.

smooches