Thursday, January 12, 2006

The scary thing...


Have you ever seen something in yourself that was scary? I mean have you ever heard yourself say something that you couldn't believe you said? Or felt a way that in your idealized self you never would? The answer is more than likely yes.
Today I read someone's blog and she was talking about how evil she was today. It made me think because earlier today, I sent an email that wasn't nasty but straight forward to a fault. On the other hand I began composing another email that was going to be extremely emotionally bare and sweet.
I think we are capable of surprising ourselves because to some extent we are constantly discovering more and more, no matter how old we are. Somethings we may never find about ourselves...if our circumstances never push us to.
For instance, unless you've been abused you don't know how you would react in the situation. Or unless you are in a life threating situation, you don't know what you are capable of doing in order to survive. These are extreme cases...but the same is true in life altogether.
I was always sweet, nice, innocent but time, hurt, and experiences have exposed an uglier side of me. The things that if another person called me on, I'd deny.


I remember visualizing a way I could vandalize my ex mother-in-law's house. I was thinking about taking off my shoes (since the driveway was noisy gravel) tip-toeing slowly up to the house at night and slashing every tire on all three cars in the driveway and spray painting BITCH across the garage. I was serious tho, and that was scary...
The circustance pushed me. She was suing me for an unsubstantiated amount of money that she claimed to have loaned me and her son throughout the years we were married. Even claiming to have given me money to buy diapers on several occassions...I wanted to scream at the thought. I wish she woulda paid for them dag on diapers!!! Then she was trying to sue me for visitation of my kids...which she already had because my ex was living with her and he had them every other weekend. She tried everything...all the way to slander to hurt me. She made the ugly come out.

Then, at the end of my realationship with my ex-boyfriend...I found some text messages he had sent to this other chick about me saying things like..."i don't really want her" and "i'm just trying to get her to drop this restraining order" (a whole nutha story) When I read those text messages...I saw RED. I had been thru a bunch of crap with him, and loved him through it...but that??
No sir. He was living with me. So before he came home from work...I threw ALL of his clothes out on the street and locked him out. See that nigro pulled the ugly out.
He was beggin and crying. But I wasn't beat...and when I finally opened the door it was to fight him...I mean I know he could probably beat me..but I wanted to fight. I started pushing him and chasing after him...but he kept running telling me he didn't wanna F me up. He wasn't running from me as much as he was running from going to jail...refer back to the restraining order. lol...ugliness
(btw, I wasn't snooping..he'd sold his phone to my brother without erasing the texts..my brother, who didn't care for him, eagerly showed me the horrid text messages!)

Yeah, so certain situations have caused me to act in ways that when I take a step back...blows my mind. But realization is freeing and the only way that I can change. It's also the reason that I love God, He loves me anyway.



12 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is so true, just two weeks ago I saw myself typing a message that I knew would cause world war three but I pressed enter and off it went to recipient. I excused my behavior to that he had started it and hurt me. To be honest thats no excuse and you know, my mama taught me better than that. I'm taking a new strategy of just letting go of the hurt. Let them go crazy on their own. Don't get caught up in that animosity. 2006 for me is a year for letting go.

feels good b n FREE said...

@kwazi....i hear you. even tho my mama taught me better too...sometiimes glimpes of the mess show up. I agree that 2006 needs to be a year of becoming better...behaving better...thinking better.
just better all together

redsneakz said...

Chan - thanks for your comments in my journal. Sometimes at work, I get the blurts too - like yesterday, I said that someone in my "boss chain" was "a nightmare."

hee hee

uniquepressure said...

lol
this made me laugh... why you aint let me finght that dude! i would have whipped his _ _ _ ! lol
i was mad eager to show you that though huh! lol
but i had to wait till it was good time... timing is everthing! lol

but NEWAY i needed a laugh since you just hung up on me!

cjb

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Funny as shit!

Friar Tuck said...

You are a better person than I am.

Just got in a fight with someone I know....and I am still angry. And I am not going to apologize, cause she is just a bully.

On the other hand, I think there is something seriously wrong with me.

I just try and try and try and I am never enough for anyone to be friends with or like or whatever.

How depressing.

Casey said...

You are right about that.. God loves you no matter what and He will always stand by your side as long as you are following His will.

You have got me thinkin'... I often tell people things and then when I get to thinkin' about it, I wonder why in the world I did.

It is weird..
Have a great Weekend..

African girl, American world said...

gurl!! join the club. I'm sweet as pie but if you cross me IT'S ON!

What makes me angier is when I get mad like mad for real, my whole body shakes and stuff. That annoys me cause I like to be gentle.

Thank heavens your ex mother-in-law is out your life!

Charles X said...

ooooh i like you! i like this blog! see... i probably woulda fucked the bitch's shit up... i have a story where i went black & postal! i dont even know if i can post it. LOL! and them text messages.....hell no. you did the right thing! beat his ass! LOL naw im playin

brooklyn babe said...

I think I know that chick to whom blog ur referring....lol
yes we all have "buttons" that can be activated when pushed.... but we seem to forget, its us who actually "push" that button.
Even if it feel the other person did, thing is recognizing when someone is tryng to "trick" into pushing ur own button...
deep.
Peace sis

feels good b n FREE said...

@redsneakz...hey glad we hooked up. thanx 4 shouting me out on ur page too!

@latin...babygirl, indeed this will be a unique year...make it the best!

@unique...me hanging up on you is always a sign of love and endearment...always rememeber that...click!

@bossmack..lol...glad u got a kick out of it


@tam...thanks for commenting...i luv ur comments!

feels good b n FREE said...

@clint...there is nothing wrong with you! you r so sweet..i imagine if someone pushed you to the point of confrontation they musta really deserved it.

@casey...it is strange when we act out of character huh? I guess it's humanity...frailty

@mwabi...whew! i'm glad i'm free of her too!

@charles..lol...you r too funny.

@brooklyn...yes ma'am i was referring to your blog..but since i didn't know how to link to you, i left that detail out. thanx for the encouraging words...i'll keep them in mind, and be on my best behavior.
smiles