Tuesday, January 03, 2006

It's a New Year!

Hey!
Lot's has gone on over these past two weeks. Sorry I've been away, but I'm sure you understand. I have so much to say.... My holidays were wonderful, and I'm praying that yours were as well.
Amongst other things I spent a bunch of time with my family and friends and that was wonderful...I almost had a fight with my dad's wife. She screamed at my son like he had a tail because she saw him come outta her room. But I sent him in there to get his coat, only after guests were in and out of there (on tour) and getting their coats. All this after she had told me not to yell at my kids cause it "bothered her." I had to literally grab my babies and run to the car so I didn't go biserk! When I walked out, the door slammed behind me, and she opened it up and whispered "don't slam!' (so my dad couldn't hear her I guess)...I told Trina and she said I shoulda said..."You better be glad it was the door and not you!" I shoulda huh?? lol.
But naw, instead I took the high road and just drove away with angry tears in my eyes...I'm not beat for that drama. So we won't be visiting their "new crib" again.

On New Years Eve...I was supposed to work but I got cancelled. So I went to philly and visited an old friend. He was all by himself and it was kool we could bring the New Year in together. He kept thanking me for coming and lookin at my legs and toes, asking me to marry him. I just laughed. When midnight struck, we weren't really paying attention and we heard pops....lol...I was like, oh no! gunshots (it's from living in DC)...he was trying to figure out if the bullets could come in the window and get us. We just laughed. It was fire crackers btw.

After I left...I was hungry and everything was closed, so I took myself, a good book and some money he'd given me to a diner. (the reason I LOVE Jersey) The waiter kept bringing me hot chocolate with tons of whipped cream...(on the house) He asked with my last one...if I bring you another one will you stay all night?? I giggled. The nerve of these dudes.



On another note, I also decided to move back to New Jersey for a few months to help me prepare to buy a home. My goal was originally to buy a crib with my bro...but now that he is expecting babies and all and all in love...it looks like he'll be settling down. Just not with me....what? I'm kool wit that. lol
Seriously, I'm so happy to see him evolving into such a man, I will happily move aside as he moves forward.

So now, in 2006, I'm making no resolutions. As they typically are broken...but I'm determined to move forward and become better. I'm just taking things day by day...praying...trying to live life to the full, in spite of the twists in turns that it entails.

Happy New Year Ya'll!

10 comments:

Bobby Brown Jr. said...

awwww..well let me be the first to say HAPPY NEW YEAR and WELCOME BACK!

Friar Tuck said...

What do you do at work?

And....what is it about the holiday season that seems to make everyone extra "friendly" to those of the opposite sex? Or at least in the mood to be so?

The Witch Doctor said...

Good luck with the move back to Jersey

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I'm really glad that you're home babygirl. We missed you, and anything you wanted to do in DC you can do right here in Jersey. Remember I told you about when me and Boss was going to move to NY? Eventhough I think it would have been better for our relationship I'm glad I was still here w/ family and friends.

On another note I'm also glad you had a good New Year. It looks like we both "came" in on a good note (haha)

Casey said...

sometimes it is best to let some things go in one and ear and out the other. I know it is hard though. You were the stronger one by getting yourself and your kids outta the situation. Good looking out for yourself.

Happy New Year

The Humanity Critic said...

Happy Belated New Year.

MZPEACH said...

Girl, you weren't going to slam her were you?..lol. I would have been pissed too. You are a mature woman to to react that way. I would have left as well.
Good to hear that your bother and his new family is doing well.
I totally feel you on the resolutions. I just have goals for 2006. For some direction.
Happy belated New Year's although I did read this right after you posted this..lol. Talk to you later. How is your grandfather doing? I hope he is doing well.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

i might have said something to her...ya'll family right...she'll be okay....but she wouldn't holla at my child though...please believe it...

princessdominique said...

Glad you had a great holiday!

feels good b n FREE said...

hey everyone....whew!
sorry 4 the delay in responding.
this moving back and forth has definitely taken a toll. :)

I know I gotta update my pic and take that voice off and everything..but give me a day or two and things will b flowin again in this new year.

I'm doing alright, just adjusting...coming to grips with my "singleness."

@friar...I work at the hospital, I'm what they call a unit secretary...me and Trina, we run the unit on the floor...u know admit patients, call the donor people when they die, transfer,take a few calls...interpret doctor's heiroglyphs....all that kinda fun stuff.
If I didn't have other goals in my life, it'd be a great career...it's gotten me by the last three years with no husband and God. So I ain't complainin.


luv 2 u all...keep comin back ya'll