Sunday, January 14, 2007

In 2007

I suppose that although by now, you've heard it a bunch of times, it is still appropriate for me to say Happy New Years everyone!
I am happy to be in yet another year. The year 2006 tried in so many ways to steal from me...my joy, creativity, hope, perseeverence, patience, my life. BUT...it did not win!

I don't know what to expect this year, but I anticipate that better things areahead. So, rather than making a list of things I plan to do in 2007, I have decided to make a list of the things that I did in 2006. I've heard it said many, many times before that if you do the same things, you are assured to get the same results. I want different results in my life, so that calls for an assesment of me, my choices, attitudes, practices, and company. I think that's where change starts.

Good news is, the kids and I are finally at "home." I didn't have to have Christmas on the floor and furnishing my home is coming along...slowly but surely. Still I have a place to be, that's great. I have two new real estate clients and I am really focused on using my knowledge in real estate in other ways that aren't so coventional, or dependent on someone wanting to buy and sell with me as their agent.

I never thought or stayed inside of the box,living what others might describe as risky. I don't see it that way though...I live by faith. I see things differently. People all around me talk about what's logical, what makes sense, what's gonna work...and a part of me agrees but a deeper urging makes me stand my ground despite the disapproving stares and comments.

It has paid off in the past and I anticipate even greater returns.
So...in 2007, I don't want to do the same or expected things that I've done in the past. I'm looking forward...and meeting Ruben Studdard, who knows??
It could happen. :)

8 comments:

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Hey babygirl...I know things will be much better for you in 07. Although I do need to burst you bubble about something...I let it go in the last post about you mentioning Ruben S. What makes you think that I am going to just let you have Ruben. I think it is very inappropriate for you to be making it publically known that you are blatantly after my freakin' man. If you wish to continue a relationship with me in the 07 and every year thereafter then you need to stop making these advances towards MY HUSBAND. You had your chance with Sam S. and you blew it! That is your problem.

So anyhoo.. I wish you all the best of luck in this new year but please stop posting these ludicrous (did I spell that right) flights of fancy about my man :-)

ps I love how you are always thinking outside of the box!

Ladynay said...

I igg'ed the 1st mention of Ruben but now that you brought him up I must demand you stay away from my man! LOL

Keep on walking by faith and congrats on the home!

Ladynay said...

Whoa! I just read Trina's comment...It's bout to be a what? Girl Fight! ROFL

Ms.Honey said...

Love how God is blessing.....this year is going to be wayy better than last unless you steal trinas man LOL

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I see I'm gonna have to fight Diamionds and Lady nay.

Gotta fight e'ry night just to prove my love hahaha

Friar Tuck said...

Congrats on a good year you crazy gal you.

feels good b n FREE said...

ya'll betta move on over...I loved him first!!!
trina...r u telling me that Ruben Studdard may be the deal breaker in our relationship??? lmbo!!!!

i luv yall...but i ain't giving him up with out a fight!!!
humph!!!!

and heyyy honey and clint...oh and honey....RUBEN is MYYYYYYYY MAn..lol

now that's that is all cleared up.

smooches! ciao

TrinaBeingTrina said...

We all about to be sharing his big ass!