Wednesday, November 08, 2006

Liquid Sunshine...My Life

today is a rainy day here in the northeast. it's kool tho, the kids had off for some reason or another. so we chilled. but my morning started off stressful. it was a test, how was i gonna react to the craziness. i had to have a certain amount of money, my cell wasn't operating, the needed money wasn't in my account, and my friend from Trinidad called and told me he'd be arriving in philly around 1pm. i felt like my head was gonna pop. not to mention, this place needed to be cleaned, i needed to start getting things in order around here...time to start purging and packing.
so i figured, i gotta just roll with it, i prayed "God you see what's going on, I know you're gonna show up."
i needed to take that money somewhere by noon, and my friend...well i wanted to entertain him. so my frustration level was rising. ugh....

so i started straightening everything and throwing stuff away and all, then i get a call from the lady i had planned to meet and she tells me it's ok if i come tommorow. *phew* then my Trini friend calls and says he has to reschedule until next week.
*double phew*
so i ended up being able to relax a little, work from home a little, and be in a stress free and much more organized enviornment!

everything turned out ok. God is good, and things always work out, i'm starting to see the pointless-ness (lol) of worry. i'm learning a bunch, my perception of things is way more important than i ever thought! i know about the rain in life...but sometimes when it rains, the sun stays shining and the rain doesn't seem so bad, it's almost beautiful. :) that's my life.

on a silly note, i put on some jeans today...that i normally hate...but for some reason today, they made me look like i had a nice hiny...*hehehe*
i love that, i mean it's no "delicious" (from flavor of luv)...lol...but it's aiight.


seriously tho, i'm hopeful about the things that are going on in general in my life. i have to go pick up my brother from the train station in an hour...i'm glad he's coming.:) unfortunately, we have to sing in a funeral on saturday. a lady from my church, probably under 40 died suddenly. it's really sad and shattering for many of us. what's worse is that she was a single mom of two boys...both under 11. The oldest is one of the kids in the choir i direct. so you know my heart is crushed...i went to see him, he seemed ok, but i told him and his grandmom that i was gonna be here, for whatever and everything and that if he needed rides, or just wanted to get out, i am here.

everytime i think about the coming service, i feel like someone punched me in the stomach. i can imagine how he feels, because i been there, and i was 15...he's not even a teenager yet.

so pray for the Ward family. thanx. and if u live up here, go play in the rain. :)

((hugz)) everyone!
~chan

6 comments:

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Everytime I turn around you got a new "friend" ;-)

Ain't nobody tryin to go play in the rain. You might drown as hard as it was comin' down!

feels good b n FREE said...

trina, lol, he IS a friend, not a "friend" silly!

and hahaha about the rain.lmbo.
i wanna play in the rain..but i haven't had the time...lol

Ladynay said...

I haven't played in the rain in 4ever! LOL

Sorry to hear about the church loss and more than glad everything worked itself out. Wish I could work from home sometimes.

Ms.Honey said...

I will keep them in my prayers. Friend huh emmm interesting LOL...I love running in the rain...its so nice until it starts to get cold LOL

Diggz said...

This is my 1st time catching ur blog and after reading a few posts I'm happy I'm here, but not sure why it couldn't have happened earlier. Beautiful words and quite introspective, just my kind of reading.

On a lighter note..ahem ahem...I know a certain someone † isn't talking about who has "friends" and what not...lol...I'm messin'...

Ohh ish, I think I need to run....hollaaaaaa

1.

Unknown said...

Hey thanks for the time we spent chilling, and ur exotic popeyes chicken food lol