Monday, March 20, 2006

Springtime Thoughts


"What a wondrous time of Spring, when all the tress are budding. The birds begin to sing, the flowers start thier blooming. That's how it is with God's love. Once you've experienced it, you spread His love to everyone, you want to pass it on!"


So today is the first day of spring, and altho it doesn't feel like it ouside, I'm glad to see the new season. For me, it is symbolic of a lot of things. A time for growth, change, renewal...you know all that. So it's nice.

I guess I don't have to much to say, today I'm kinda taking it easy...probably gonna head over to the gym and clean around the house and that's about it...oh, scrapbooking...I need to do a page or three of scrapbooking. By the way, I hate to be swept up in the trend...but it is brilliant. I come from a family that takes more pix than you can ever use or frame or whatever and scrapbooking is all that!!! I mean you can display your pix in a creative way and tell the story that goes with them. I am addicted. lol. It's a good addiction I think. Try it...you gon' surpise yourself. I used to think it was only for white "soccer moms"...lol

I was in church yesterday and God was really speaking to me about the direction of my life and ministry...one thing in particular that stood out was my urge to resist the call on my life. I mean, my instinct is to run away from being in any sort of ministry. But alas, when God's hand is on your life...you can't run forever.

Well I'ma signoff for now. I'll keep you posted about everything. I think Trina and I are gonna be very busy this coming spring and summer. I have all kind of things I'd like to do, shopping and pedicures not being the least of them. (giggles) I may even be going to Trinidad!!!! WHEWWWEEE!!

What are your plans??

13 comments:

LUVIN ME said...

I startetd scrapbooking when my daughter was born, and yes, it is addictive!

My friends and I go on a trip every year. We all start saving as soon each trip is over. We each save $25 a week,and give it to one of my friends who can keep up with it. We end up having enough to pay for our trips with a little something left over. This year we are going back to Jamaica. We have been before and had a blast. I can't wait!

princessdominique said...

My plans are a book tour, stay tuned to my page because I want to meet you. Pedicures are the plan too and Mexico in the summer and Paris in the fall. One day I'll get to Barbados especially since its running through my blood!

SilkySmooth said...

Bricks,Stones,and moutain dew,


Yeah springtime, All those sexy ladise in their sexy clothes; cant wait. I just own a trip to Hawaii; goin in either April or May.

The Gig said...

You said a lot here on your post and it very inspiring to read. That picture is beautiful. Yes Spring can be wonderfully beautiful. The Lord has certainly shown us how creative he is. Of course I plan to visit Texas because I cannot stay away from my grandson too long. I feel I may miss too much of his young life because it is such a reward to watch them grow. I don't want to miss a thing. Also I will be going to Minnesota to be with my precious little granddaughters. One of which will be having a bone marrow transplant. I have already put her in God's hands and I know she will be alright. I also plan to go to Arizona to visit my great grandson. I have never seen him but his pictures are cute. My number three son will be getting his master's degree this summer also and I am very excited. I am in the process of scrapbooking the cruise I went on over these past holidays.

Ladynay said...

Don't know about the scrapbooking thing....

My plans consist of finding my way into your suitcase if you go to Trinidad! LOL

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Hahaha @ ladynay...I also don't know what the heck scrapbooking is...Anyway I plan on making my summer even better than the last, and I really had a ball. All of my little trips last year were spur of the moment so I think I will keep it that way.

The only thing I have planned for sure is going to Georgia on Easter, and we are taking Kira to Virginia beach for her b-day.

Charles X said...

let me know what goes down!

Chronicles Of The Sexy Fat Chick said...

I hope to go somewhere for my b-day in April. Our family has been taking summer vactions lately. So who know where I'll end up/ Hopefully Europe.Amsterdam is calling my name lol ~1~

Miz JJ said...

I wish I could go to Trinidad. My mom just got back from carnival and she had such a great time. I am going to Las Vegas in June. I am excited for my mini gettaway.

Friar Tuck said...

so tell us more about trinidad

Brotha Buck said...

God bless with your ministry calling.

glory said...

my plans are to pick up reading this blog again. camden county represent! ROFL!

Casey said...

My plans are hopefully to be finding a good job. I am sick of this college thing.

Keep your faith.. You will go far in life with Jesus by your side.

Very uplifting post.

God Bless,
Casey