Thursday, February 02, 2006

So much to say...


Hey there everyone!!
There is just so much going on in my life and our world that it is something else!!!
To begin I am officially addicted to ebay. I have purchased and sold sparingly in the past, but recently I went on an ebay shopping spree ( > $300)...smh...What was I thinking???
Either way, I won this Hello Kitty purse (those of u who know me, know Hello Kitty is an obsession!) I love this purse so much!! I've never seen anyone with it, so I won't show u a picture of it, cause I wanna keep it that way.( tisk, tisk, tisk Chan!) Oh well! The purse is leather tho and beautiful. yippie*jumping up and down, clapping* Oh you forgot how girly I am huh?

Remember way back...I told ya'll about my obsession with Jessica Simpson's Dessert Treats?? Well I still am!! Btw, Trina, my skin didn't turn green...lol...altho I've only used it sparingly.
he he he...I mean i'm naturally sweet, but Dessert Treats definitely has emphasized that. :)
Shhh! He don't know. lol

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So on a more serious note, this is Black History Month. I keep feeling like the timing of Mrs. Coretta Scott King's death is significant. I mean, her dying on the night before the first day of Black History Month. I can't figure the exact significance...but either way it was exceptionally sad to hear. I can't help but wonder...as the leaders of the Civil Rights Movement pass on, what will remain for my children? Our children. I mean, I by all means will teach my children but I wonder about other young parents...what lessons will they leave with their children about our history?
I can't help but feel like, as America progresses in technology we are regressing in liberty and humanity. There is a cloud of uncertainty over America. Still a pervading, yet undercover racism exists. We are hated throughout the world, Christianity has become a curse word...here and worldwide. In Italy, I believe, a catholic priest is being tried (yes, trial by jury) for saying that "Jesus Christ Lives." Saying "Merry Christmas" is offensive and people like Kanye West can portray Christ on a pop magazine.
It's disheartening. So much so, that if I had it to do again...I wouldn't bring children into this world.
But like I said before, all I can do is try to make my little part of this world the best that I can...
For this month, I will honor the history of my people one way or another in every blog.
I am so proud that God chose to make me who I am. The fact that we, as a people have survived so much adversity...is inspiring. I pray that we don't fall victim to pop culture that tries to make us complacent and unaware...focused soley on what kinda blinged out grill we can get!

Also on another subject...
I am absolutely against abortion..for several reasons. Some more personal than I am willing to share right now...but in particular this partial birth abortion is absolutely un nerving!
I don't blame women who get abortions for the most part...because they truly are kept in the dark about what is actually happening. This issue is soon to be coming before the Supreme Court and the newest Judge Alito. (http://www.crosswalk.com/news/1241851.html)
Everone oughta see this, we must open our eyes!!!>>> (http://www.abortiontv.com/Pics/AbortionPictures1.htm)
"My people perish for a lack of knowledge." (Hosea 4:6)


~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Finally, before this month is out I will start sharing my journey to losing 40lbs with you...whew, I know. lol.I have decided to do this for encouragement, motivation and accountability...I will post before pics and you can journey along with me. Keep a sista in ur prayers. :)
I also have decided to train with Team in Training (http://www.teamintraining.org/hm_tnt) to do a half marathon in a year. Training starts in the summer. It is exiciting and an invaluable opportunity for me to raise money for the cure to the disease that stole my mother's life.
Alrite..I'm done now. lol
I had a lot on my mind...:)
Thanx for bearing with me! Love u !

10 comments:

uniquepressure said...

you be wildin! i knew you had that adult ADD! lol RIDLIN please somebody care enough to help my sister! lol lol hehehehehe! but seriously, you have a nack for bridging the gaps between seeminly unrelated issues and taking the readers on a journey that must have been subconcious to you. but definately a good read.

feels good b n FREE said...

@unique...thanx punkin head..lol
u always got jokes!! but it's all good...i had a bunch on my mind. :)

Casey said...

Wow... alot going on I see. Where do I begin?

Abortion... I am against it as well. I feel there are way to many people in this world that don't have the opportunity to have children, and killing innocent one's doesn't help the matter. No child ask to be born, and killing it before it has a chance in life, is murder and Un-Godly...

Coretta Scott King.. a very true person that stood for what she believed and stood by her husband's side. Alot of our hero's are passing on, but they have now entered into eternal life with our Lord Jesus Christ..

Congrats on the weight lose program. I would like to join ya, but your a little to late for me. I don't have 40 pounds to lose. Done lost all mine.. But I love to see before and after pictures... although I show hardly anyone what I looked like 100 pounds ago... Pray hard, trust God, and call upon His name.. All your hopes and dreams will come true when we put it in God's hands.

Good Post...

Friar Tuck said...

You are going to lose 40 lbs? Is there going to be anything left of your cute little self.

I had lost 50. I am struggling now. With the workload increasing a lot it seems I dont have near enough time to care for myself.

So, I am using my blog over at Xanga to keep my fat a** accountable. Starting today actually. Besides, I need to get skinny if I am ever going to find a woman to appreciate me.

I appreciate all your thoughts on here. So, do you think Roe v Wade will be overturned?

SilkySmooth said...

What the hell is wrong with you? I love you to death, but do you got ADD or something. You cant stick to one subject for shit. Reading your blog is like trying to read a retarded newspaper. FOCUS! I am against abortion, right with you. Killing a child before it has a chance is wrong. People may believe they have legitimate reasons, but no reason is legitimate. I am very sorry about CSK, her husband changed history and she lived to see it. She was very emotional and strong, she'll be missed. OOOOOOOOOOOOOOK, getting fit. I am proud of you and am behind you 200%. Get ya weight lost on. Dont show to many pictures, you no how you
get. One question? You aint been blogging about your guy situation, what the fuck is going on there?

Always Love Ya.

LUVIN ME said...

You really do have a lot going on.

(I hadn't really thought about the date of Mrs. King's death(the day before black history month). Now you have me thinking....

40 lbs! Wow. That's a lot of weight. I lost weight too, so I know where you are coming from. I'm sending one up for you( a prayer that is).

T said...

i wish you the best on your journey to physical wellness.
don't forget to exercise your spiritual.
-soulace-

Ladynay said...

Well I guess I have adult ADD too cuz I followed your post just fine!

Superstar Nic said...

Girl yes, you have a lot going on. I love ebay to. I can got crazy bidding on stuff. I haven't done it in a while though. Maybe I can do some shopping this weekend (smile).

Take care and I hope you enjoy your weekend.

The Humanity Critic said...

I have to co-sign on Ebay, I have gotten so much stuff off of there it is ridiculous.