Tuesday, January 31, 2006

Using my words...


it oughta be enuf
to know that you don't care
or that you'll never call.

it should be enuf
to love someone else
or to imagine you doing the same.

it oughta be enuf
the tears that I've shed,
the drenched pillows
and the time apart.

it should be enuf
the pain that won't cease
or the hope gone

inside of me.

you'd think it'd be enuf
to make me erase the thought
to forget you ever were

forget the nights we spent
the long phone calls
the instant connection.

you'd think it'd be enuf.
But it isn't and it hasn't been.

Because every now and then
I feel a flutter in my tummy.
And I remember how you made me feel.

Every now and again
I fall in love with a moment, a scent, a picture
and I think of you.


Every now and then he kisses and touches me.
And I wish it were you.

Every now and then I still love you.
Unrequited...
and I know it.

that, oughta be enuf

Still every now and then
I remember and feel
the love I have for you.
'tho it may never be enough.

CBW



13 comments:

Fresh said...

I'm sorry you have to go through that...I understand. :-) I's all part of the process.

LUVIN ME said...

Is it every enough? That was deep!

Friar Tuck said...

Wow you are a skilled poet

Casey said...

very powerful

E said...

Wow...that was sad and beautiful. I've been there...too many times. And I love the music playing..:-)

Friar Tuck said...

I kinda like the pic of ya too

princessdominique said...

This is crucial. You are a poet. I really dig that! We must be twins. Seriously. You've got to check out my book. You have a book in your girl. Call it my prophetic gift kicking in but you are full of stuff women can learn from.

feels good b n FREE said...

@berry...thanx u girl. and indeed it is, i am learning.

@accomplice...thanx 4 the reminder. i luv that. :)and yeah Remy...??whew??? lol

@luvinme...it never seems to be. thanx

@friar...aw, *blushing*

@casey...so glad u think so

@e...thank u so much! and yeah the music is strangely appropriate huh?

@friar again...what u tryna do wit all dat flattery?? *blushin some more* just kinda??? lol

@princess...aw!!! wow!!! hearing that from you really made my night!! thank u so much! i would love to write a book, it is a long term goal of mine. Thank u for the encouragement. your words will spur me forward!

Ladynay said...

.....and she writes poetry too!

Nice!

Friar Tuck said...

I said kinda cause I wasn't sure if you liked it or just posted it off your webcam.

It has that "I'm a busy woman with my hands full with kids and life...but I still look damn good" vibe to it.

feels good b n FREE said...

@aw tam...thanx girl! o so u felt a flutter in ur tummy huh?? *being nosy* do tell...

@latinchik, thank u too! glad u liked it. it is reflective of life. the tings that sometimes happen...you aren't always in control

@ladynay...*smilin* how sweet of u. thanx

@friar...lol. well i'm glad u liked the pic either way. yeah..it was just me clicking away on the web cam..nothing spectacular...but it's me. i really like how the hair is falling in it tho.:)
and yeah i was probably looking over at the kids or all the toys on the floor. lol
and thanx again...i mean i don't mind looking "damn good" every now and again. lol

T said...

astounding display of your emotions of a lost love.
you will find solace(soulace) soon enuf.
-soulace-

SilkySmooth said...

Yo cubic-zirconia,rocks,and pepsi, sike just playing. That poems was penetrating. Very good way to display emotion. It sounds like to me and dont get offended as if you are talking about your baby daddy. Is it every enough? Yes it is, you just have to believe. Get at me!