Saturday, January 28, 2006

Weekend Words of Encouragement


someone sent me this as a forward, and i wanted to pass it on.
have a blessed weekend!

Don't spend major time with minor people .
If there are people in your life that continually disappoint you, break promises, stomp on your dreams, too judgmental, have different values and don't have your back during difficult times...that is not a friend.

To have a friend, you must be a friend. Sometimes in life as you grow , your friends will either grow or go . Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals interests and lifestyle.
When I think of any of my successes, I am thankful to GOD from whom all blessings flow, and to my family and friends that enrich my life.
Over the years my phone book has changed because I changed for the better. At first you think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that make your life so much sweeter and EASIER to endure.
Remember what your elders used to say, " Birds of a feather flock together." If you're an eagle , don't hang around chickens: Chickens Can't Fly!

Be Positive - Be Progressive - Take the time to make a positive difference in someone's life. Heal the past; live the present; dream the future!!

13 comments:

Casey said...

Praise God for that post...

"Surround yourself with people who reflect values, goals interests and lifestyle. "

That right there is something that I am working on.

"At first you think you're going to be alone, but after a while new people show up in your life that make your life so much sweeter and EASIER to endure."

That is so true. I am thankful that the true friends that I have in my life are ones of God.

You made my spirit smile when I read this.. Thanks for sharing. I might need to borrow this so I can reflect on it.

God Bless,

Casey

Ya boy Maurice said...

Yes, so true.I got it last week.. but very inspirational and uplifting.

Unknown said...

Nice post. True words.

greggy said...

This is my first visit to your garden and it won't be my last. Your positive messages are just what the doctor ordered for my soul. Thanks for sharing such a wonderful message and reminding me that indeed there is hope in this world after all!

Superstar Nic said...

Amen to that! What a beautiful post.

Be Blessed and Take Care,

~Nic~

Anonymous said...

hi i luv you your best friend

Brotha Buck said...

Powerful photo!

Ladynay said...

Love that pic and the forward was true indeed!

My-Conscience said...

God be the Glory... I thought I was the only one with some spirituality on my site....Great post..

Friar Tuck said...

like the postcard/photo

Waddie G. said...

Thanks for that post...that is very encouraging...although today is monday, I can carry that thought throught this week

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Be blessed baby girl.

Luv ya!!

The Gig said...

You know, after reading this post, I decided to blog about (you might say a poem) that I wrote for a good friend after we'd had a slight difference of opinion. You have a good blog here and I shall enjoy reading it whenever I get a chance to.