Thursday, February 16, 2006

My Love Life



So, I went ahead and went out with dude on Vday. We just chilled ate some pizza, boo-luved and that kinda thing. It was a real nice night. When he arrived he said that he'd forgotten my gift...lol. So I said it's kool, I wasn't expecting anything anyway.
So we're chillin and I start to fall asleep and he says baby, I got ur stuff in the car." I was like "what stuff?" He said. "your gift." So he leaves to go to his car. Twenty minutes later
(I hear the collective awwhh man! lol) I think to myself, Where is this nigro's car? In east giblip? I'm like...this dag on nigro is going to buy me something. So when he comes back in...I put my hand out like, give me whatever. So he pulls out a box of David Bradley chocolate covered strawberries and a singing teddy bear and a card. The best part was probably reading the card. But anyway I say to him, "where did u go?" He says "to my car" I say "you didn't go to no car...it wouldn't have taken that long."He says that it took him that amount of time to write in the card. I took that.
I found out that the candy store he went to was right around corner from where we were.
So I was right...but my problem was that he knew that I had put out money to celebrate his birthday/valentine's day. I bought a birthday cake, some chocolates, a birthday and vday card, and dinner among other things. I probably spent about $ 170. Which depending who u are may or may not be a lot. But it was significant for me. I didn't expect that in return. This man has always been a gentleman (and continues to be) I never pay for anything so I didn't mind footing the bill last night...but I just didn't appreciate his lack of fore thought. Does that make sense?
Like, he called me making sure we were going to go out...but he came empty handed.
It's kool. I guess the chocolate covered strawberries make it all better. (humph)
Overall tho, I had a nice night. But it's the friends category for him. Hate to do it but...
(hehehe)

I spoke to an exboyfriend earlier this week. He told me that if it didn't work out with any of "the other cats" he was always available. I just smiled and thought "naw." He said "I'm serious girl, I'll marry you. You can cook and everything." I thought that was funny, like being able to cook in itself is qualifying wife criteria. lol. Maybe it is ion know. I thought his words were a nice gesture, but once in the friend category...it just ain't nuthing.

Then last night, my ex-husband said to me (after we had a deep and emotional convo/arguement) "I'm not your prince charming, just a nigga that fell in love and did some f'd up sh.. along the way, what am i supposed to do?" His words resonated with me...I mean I heard them clearly because it was real. He was not my prince charming, not the one I should've waited on..but somehow he's the one that I chose to love. He says he wants us to be back together, and many times I've wished it were possible... but the consequences of some of that f'd up stuff is life long and I can not accept it in a marriage. Sometimes I forget how deep the scar runs...how intense the damage. Last night I remembered.

Finally, in a previous post called "Emotions" I talked about someone who I still loved but wasn't in contact with. Well I sent out a group email to many of my friends and he was one of them. I named them individually and told them what they meant to me. To him I wrote "I still love you. I miss you so much I feel it in my dreams." I didn't expect a response. I had emailed him once before and he didn't respond and I'd dropped a Christmas card in his mailbox and he never contacted me...so I kinda chalked it up. Well, he responded this time. The email started out, "Girl, you never cease to m-aze me" he continued on to tell me it was good to hear from me and to give "dap" to my bro and my kids. lol. But for once I felt something other than love. I was hurt. Hurt because his email was still so "middle of the road" no real sense of anything other than...I'm here, glad you're there. U know? Hurt because, I never did anything to deserve being ignored, or for him to pick and choose when he'll dignify me with a response. I do love him...but maybe feeling that hurt is the beginning of my letting go.
Who knows?

Take care ya'll

15 comments:

LUVIN ME said...

I really feel you on this post. I hate to be an afterthought.

I mean, he thought to get dressed...he thought to come to your place...why couldn't he think to get your gift?

They say that time heals all wounds, but what about those that still seem to be opened? I still have some mixed emotions about my ex, but I just choose to let the past go because it's better for me that way.

Casey said...

Wow.. alot going on for you in the "love and relationship" department. Keep your head high and trust in God to place you in the right path.

I am the same way about telling people how I feel towards them. I think it is amazing to be able to tell others what a great influence, or how much there a good friend, etc.. I have no trouble letting others know how much I care about them. It is important to me.

God Bless ya..

Ladynay said...

I did the same thing (sending out a personal thanks, I love you email) and it was nice to hear back from folk.

Matters of the heart are never really simple. It sucks to love someone on any level and you feel that that person isn't really loving you back on the same level.

Ms.Honey said...

It seems like V day always makes me reminise on the past and even the present. I talked to an ex as well....well to his voicemail cause I didn't walk to talk to him. I realized over time that he wasn't who I thought he was...love can blind ya sometimes...I agree with luvin me..I have to let it go than focus and letting it fester.

Friar Tuck said...

Yeah yeah yeah...here ya are and you have four men on a line.

LOL.

I am not listening to your "I'm single" blues anymore.

I feel for valentines guy...it sounds like he was all up for a low key thing and you were going all out.

I dont feel for the others. They all had there chance.

It must be nice for you to feel appreciated and loved and all that though.

What does the term "boo-luved" mean?

feels good b n FREE said...

lol @ friar...it's just a term..meaning just sitting around up under each other...u know just the boyfriend/girlfriemd quality time thing.
I can't say why..but he knew that I was doing something special for him.he deserves little sympathy, but since i'm not gonna tell the WHOLE story on my blog, I'll have to accept it.

yeah...i guess the exes are just that. and i'm officially single again. it's kool.

the time isn't right yet.

The Sarccastik Variable Why said...

damn dude...you came empty handed on a date on valentine's day....rule #380...if you're going on a date on v-day...make sure you have something in hand....a homemade card, a teddy bear from cvs...something....these dudes nowadays...well, you definitely will be thrown in the "friend zone" doing things like that....good post

Rosko said...

Hey, I am trippin'. This may have been a slip of the mind, but he did cover himself. lol. I just think that we all look too deep into material things. Just don't let this one thing mess up all the good that he is.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Never satisfied, and always want the one that pays no attention instead of the one that is listening.

LUV YA!

feels good b n FREE said...

@trina...I know the truth when i hear it. indeed that is it.

at some point we have to realize...human desire is insatiable. That's why loving someone and being commited is a choice.

there will always be another option, always something seemingly better. it's all about choices.

I hear my mom's voice
(from the grave)
"Whatever you do Chan, just don't settle for less than what you deserve."
Trying to heed her direction.

E said...

Wow...your ex was keeping it real with his comments, though it doesn't excuse his actions.

Drea Inspired said...

$170 is a big deal to me! If I spend that much on a man who isn't related to me then I must me in LUH!!! Ya know?!

That hurt is a part of letting go. You're realizing that it is what it is. The next step is acceptance and moving forward.

Blessings!

feels good b n FREE said...

@e...yeah, he was being honest. about something! but it's too little too late i'm afraid.

@tam...i been there. not that i'm so far from bein there now str8 up.
i will pray 4 u, pray 4 me. it's easier somtimes to pray for someone else that it is to pray 4 ur self sometimes. u know?

@brownsoul...whew! i didn't wanna b overreactin about money..lol
I'm letting go, I am.
thanx

feels good b n FREE said...

hey..sorry i didn't respond to the earlier comments...luv ya'll tho

:)

feels good b n FREE said...

tam...hehehe@ "lou"
yeah he gave us both the blessing of getting to know each other. lol

i bet that wasn't his intention. but ALL things work together for our good! :)

i'm happy about that.