Sunday, February 19, 2006

I overcome


Howdy! Well I wanted to catch up wit ya'll...
I don't have anything funny or witty to say tonite.
I told u I was gonna put my v-day friend (we'll call him L.B for now on) in the friends category.
However, after much thought and discussion I've decided to hold off on shifting him as of yet.
He still makes me feel nice and he reminded me this morning that I told him that when I'm with him I see stars...lol
So we'll see how long this lasts.

On to other more important things...

I chose this Faith Evans song because I feel like it's my own song. My testimony or something. That I've been through a lot of mess and made some bad decisions and felt a whole lotta pain, but I wouldn't change it because I know I am better because of it all.
Today @ church we celebrated my dad and his wife's 7th year anniversary there. It was really nice. Last night we had a joy night which was a part of this celebration. I was asked to sing in appreciation 4 my daddy. When I was up singing I kept looking @ my dad and denise and they were standing and smiling...and well, that was good enuf for me. I mean we've been through a bunch...dealing with church folx (which is no easy task) but we are all so much stronger because we've overcome this far...u feel me?

Oh yeah, I know that I told you I was gonna post b4 pics of me...on my journey to weight loss. I will, but my battery died in my digi cam and I have to go to Wally world and get some rechargeable ones. Then I can post the pic. I have started my diet changes, but I won't start walking until the first week in March. It is, however, official that I will be training with TEAM IN TRAINING. I will complete my first marathon later this year, and I'll start my official fundraising in the summer. (so get ready to dig in your pockets, I will have to raise approx 2500) :) This marathon is raising money for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society. My mother died from Hodgkins Disease Lymphoma in 1996.

Change is difficult but so necessary. I know all things are possible with the Lord. So, I'm ready to sacrifice and press forward in order to achieve my goals. (physical, emotional, and spiritual) Whadda 'bout you?

take care er'ybody.

16 comments:

Casey said...

"Change is difficult but so necessary. I know all things are possible with the Lord. So, I'm ready to sacrifice and press forward in order to achieve my goals. (physical, emotional, and spiritual)"

That is so true.... All things are possible with Jesus. Keep up the good work. I am proud of you.

Friar Tuck said...

Good to get up to date.

Thanks

Ladynay said...

Awwwww I didn't know about your moms, guess I haven't been a reader long enough. I didn't know you could sing either! I wish you mad luck on the marathon training. One day I wanna do one but I am no where close to ready!

P.S. I read that you used to live in DC! The metro is my home girl!

LUVIN ME said...

It's good you have the strength to overcome. That says alot about you! Gives insight to your character, and who you are as a person. Your blog inspires me...

princessdominique said...

Waiting to see what's what! Just want to add a little encouragement to your weight loss efforts. Hang in there!

feels good b n FREE said...

@casey...indeed all things are possible. thanks for the kind words

@friar...tryna keep u in the loop of my life. lol

tam...that's so true. nothing just falls in our lap. we have to go had after it.

@ladynay...yes I lost my momma. but it's ok. and yes I sing, when i'm asked to...and around the house and in my car. lol
thanx about the marathon. i'm not ready either, but i'm commited to getting ready!
and i hated DC...i lived in the str8 up hood. My next door neighbor was killed in his apt, there was drug transactions happening every 5 minutes out on our step, and our apt was broke into. All in 5 months. We were paying a grip to live in the hood. I couldn't take it no more...so I'm back at home...whew!

@luvinme...aw, that is real nice! thank you for such sweet words!

@princess...thank u! I'ma keep you posted. I'm tryna b fabulous like you! :)

All-Mi-T [Thought Crime] Rawdawgbuffalo said...

Faith is our only ticket i figure. You write well.

feels good b n FREE said...

@latinchik...aw, that's sweet mama.
thanx

@torrance...welcome and thank u

G. Cornelius said...

Nice one...Love the message...I'll keep you posted

Superstar Nic said...

That sounds like a very nice service they had for your dad.

I see that you are on the weight loss journey to. Mine has been a very difficult journey, one that has me feeling down about myself quiet often ;-(

I will not give up though.

Good luck on your training and everything!

Fresh said...

Wow, girl...just read your past few posts. You've got your hands full dontcha? Stay in prayer.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

How the hell can you look at your daddy and Denise and smile!!! I know you can't stand that HUSSY!!

feels good b n FREE said...

hehehe@ trina...that's why u're my girl. lol
i had to ignore her/pretend i liked her for the sake of the event.

she does it all the time, u know...lol...i'm only her "daughter" in front of folx. when were alone poltergeist comes out! lol

"lawd why wont u remove this thorn in my side????" lol

Charles X said...

-swayin and singin off key- IF I HAD TA DO IT ALL AGAIIIIIN! I'D ;SLDFKS'D;LFKSD';FLSD MAKE ME WHO I AM!

Ms.Honey said...

I wish you the best in the weight loss..I know how it is. I'm trying to do the same..hoping there is much change by the time the summer comes...we shall see.

Nice post.

feels good b n FREE said...

@accomplice...i'm pressin. :) thanx

@g.c.h...thank u kindly :)

@n'search...it was a nice service.
and i know what u mean about giving up, i wanna already. but i won't i gotta make moves. so don't give up. :)
i got ur back ma!

@Berry...*holding out full hands* see stuff is falling out onto the floor. lol
I'm prayin

@charlesx...u so silly!! *singing wit u*

@honey-libra...we can do it!!!