Monday, October 24, 2005

Answering Your Questions

Hey my people!!!
I have to say that I was disappointed with the lack of response from you...but I will still answer every one of your questions.Please feel free to email me or comment with more and if enough people do ask..I'll do another answer post.
Also please excuse my delay in responding...I didn't account for having to go home to attend the funeral this past weekend. While home I was so busy and sick that computers and blogging were far from my mind.
So I'm sorry, but here we go....

princessdominique asked... If you could marry anyone, famous, living or dead who would it be? And if two questions are allowed, what is your favorite outfit, from head to toe.

So to answer the first question...if I could marry any famous person, I'd have to say Micheal Eric Dyson! I just love this man. Everytime he opens his mouth I am sure that I won't be disappointed or disgusted. He is an intellect, an author, a professor, a minister, a revolutionary of sorts, and he's handsome. He seems to be a man of integrity and from what I can tell...he'd be a good husband.

Question two: Right now my favorite outfit is a pair of black knit gauchos with a hanging black belt, a black cami, and black blazer and deep green snake skin pumps and a matching snake skin embellished purse and all sterling silver and austrian crystal jewelry...it looks pretty on. I have to admit my favorite outfit changes often. In this case I chose all black so that my accessories can really pop. I get so many compliments when I wear it. Thanx for asking *smiles*

Amadeo asked... My question is how can I begin procedures to take over the world...If successful I'll let you run the state of your choice

Yo! I been thinking this thing over..lol...and all I can think of is if you can figure a way to get G.Bush outta office and get everyone worldwide that is less than a millionaire a million dollars...you pretty much got it wrapped up. I'm saying you can try to get up with Pinky and the Brain too..lol.
But my question to you is, if you gonna take over the world, why can I only get a state??? lmbo

Anonymous asked... Have you ever had a one night stand?

I guess this is a fairly personal question. To answer it I'll say this...
I have chosen to live in a way that requires me to resist the pull of fleshly desires.I, however, never want to portray myself as any where near perfect or holy. Because for sure I am just a sinner saved by grace. I truly have not always made the best choices in my life.If by one night stand you mean meeting someone, having sex with them, and never having contact again...then no.

Rose asked... Somewhere in blog world I read that you were divorced, do you feel that you could have saved your marriage?

Hi Rose...thanx for asking. I am indeed divorced and let me tell you that I never would've left, but it was absolutely necessary. My ex-husband is a reader of my blog and my friend so I will not put too much of our business out there. But I will say that I was in a situation that absolutely called for seperation. After 2yrs it was clear that a divorce was the next step. As for my opinion on marriage, I am not regretful that I married young, or even that I married him. I learned so much and God has and continues to form me from the experience.I do not believe that divorce is the fix-all. I do not endorse divorce except in two instances, and even then sparingly, I support marriages, family, love and commitment. I believe in counseling and mostly that if God is not at the center of a marriage it can not thrive.

Berry asked... I love the name of your blog - How did you come up with the name? (not sure if this is explained elsewhere)

Hey Berry...well it is fairly simple. to begin, my middle name is Nicole. So awhile back I adopted the nickname Nickicolapop....
Also when thinking of the name I wanted a title that I felt truly could convey to my reader a sense of who I am. The Bible says in Proverbs 31:10 "Who can find a virtuous woman? for her price is far above rubies."
I began to ascribe worth to myself according to to what the Bible says about me as a daughter of the KING and a Royal Priesthood.
Now on the literal side...I am a girly girl, I love diamonds and jewels but equally I love colapop and a good book. You know? That's me. I enjoy the things life has to offer the most elaborate to the most simple. So the title seemed to capture all of that. I hope that made sense. *smiles*

latinchik4eva asked...
At WaT AgE DiD U GeT UrE FiRsT KiD....CuZ U SaId U hAd It In UrE tEeNaGe YeArS AnD I WaS JuSt WoNdErInG At WaT aGe U HaD UrE 1St KiD


Latinchik..hey! I had my first child when I was eighteen and I had graduated from highschool. I started having sex at seventeen. I am not bragging, I honestly wish I had continued to wait. I went to college and it was difficult trying to be a fulltime mommy and student. Having him wasn't the end of my life, he was and is my pride and joy. but my life was complicated in ways that could've been avoided. I married my son's father about two years after he was born.
Thank u guys for participating.I hope I answered your questions. If you feel like asking
more...like I said...I'm here.
*Oh and I love having readers, but people tell me all the time that they read my blog and don't comment.So I thought I'd ask my invisible readers to make yourself known sometimes...even if u aren't on blogger. Just let me know u stopped by...after all I let you in....say hi to a sistah..lol
Much luv 2 u

*side note* Rosa Parks died yesterday, I believe. She was 92. What a full life she had the opportunity to live. Although not single-handedly, she made a huge difference that is relevant in my life today. So Rosa Parks, I celebrate you. What you did, whether it was out of defiance or exasperation, I am glad that you allowed yourself to be used to make a better today.

17 comments:

I'm not even supposed to be here today said...

RIP Miss Rosa. Thanks for being a chick with stones... you changed to world in ways that can never be fully measured.

I liked your answers. My husband was supposed to be a one-night-stand (horniness got the better of me), but after 8 years of marriage, how could I regret it!! I just happened to hook up with the smartest, kindest, and funniest guy on the whole planet. To think that I just wanted to get laid that night is laughable now!

I don't have a question for you... but I feel like I know you a little better. Hugs from blogland!

feels good b n FREE said...

Hey Rachel...thanx for coming by. I'm glad you liked my answers....

I guess you got lucky with your husband. :)Glad to hear you're going strong.

I'm happy that u feel like you know me a little better.

*hugs*

Fresh said...

loved your response to the question

feels good b n FREE said...

Berry...I'm glad u liked what I had to say.
smooches!

Anonymous said...

Ok...Ok i have a question....I read that you were married to a very HANDSOME...man b4...So what would he have to do if he wanted to rekindel the fire between you 2?

feels good b n FREE said...

anon...hehehe
hmmm...so u HEARD that he was very HANDSOME? Wonder who told u that???
(He's not bad)
As for a rekindling...he knows the answer to that.

feels good b n FREE said...

@ Oliviasmommi...yeah u're probably right about the ex.
And yeah I like reading different blogs

come back ok...

Friar Tuck said...

What one specific thing, other than your children and your faith in general, are you most passionate about right now?

Come back and leave another comment when you get this question answered.

Anonymous said...

Yo DiamondsPearlsPopsicle love! How is everything? I have a question: what would it take to light a fire in your heart for a fat guy in Jersey? And I love your blogspot by the way. Looking forward to hearing from you soon!

feels good b n FREE said...

@ don juan...Hey thanx for coming by If I had to say one specific thing I'd say that
I am passionate about this nonprofit org/ministry that I am working on.

but some other passions are my loved ones, singing, and shopping

feels good b n FREE said...

@anon#2
your comment made me smile..lol.
as for me getting a flame for a fat jerzey guy...i guess it would just have to depend...
but since the fat man u r referring to is taken...i guess we'll never know.luv u lots!

theequeenbee said...

I wish every man was like Michael Eric Dyson. I love his books, even though I wasn't too fond of Is Bill Cosby Right? Too bad he's old enough to be my daddy and married.

Icey said...

Question:

If you had three wishes what woudl they be? keep in mind that you can not wish for more wishes and only one of the wishes can be for a lump sum financial gain, i.e. you could only ask for a jillion dollars once

feels good b n FREE said...

@q.b...yeah Mr. Dyson is kinda old...but he's just brilliant and I love that.
As for his stance on the Bill Cosby thing...I'm kinda in the middle. I see value in both of their arguements.

Anonymous said...

@latinchik4eva..


I hate to be soo judgemental but what the hell is going on with your writing. Do you got your own language or something. Dont nobody wanna be trying to read your blog and get a damn headache. I'm not mean, but learn how to read, write, and spell. You make stereotypes soooooooo true. Thank you for listening and trying to read. No disrespect, just get your literacy straight. Love your story though, it was very touching. Glad to see the lord kept your mom and you safe. That was a blessing.

Anonymous said...

@diamond,rubies, and cheap soda



About you and this one night stand issue. Lets be real, you done had one or two. You dont gotta front and act all goodie-goodie. You are human like the rest of us, just be true to yourself. Dont change because your are afraid to be judged. You are to worried about upholding that churh-girl image. You are beautiful for who you are, when you are true to that person. A one night stand is a one night stand no matter how you flip it. Be honest and i'll get back at you. Be fake and i'll resent you for your lies.

feels good b n FREE said...

@ ANON
first let me address u dissin one of my regular readers and my little blog sister. she chooses to comment in MY BLOG. your opinions of her writing really aren't needed. she is a 15 year old child and if that is how she writes..so what? you have so much to say and not the heart to identify yourself.
@latinchik ignore ignorance.

back @ anon
as for the one night stand thing...I clearly said that I was not perfect. I am NOT worried about my image. I am NOT, however, thanks to Christ, the person I used to be. I have NEVER had a one night stand. I chose to answer that question..I didn't have to, it truly is private. I have had sex with someone the first time he visited me...However,to this day...a long while later, he and I still have a relationship.
Throughout my blog, I have opened myself up to you..and I have nothing to hide, and I can stand before God...pure because of the blood of Jesus.
But you speak of respecting me...I deserve that and more...you on the other hand? You have a lot to say without the courage to put yoursef out there, as I do.
Maybe you're afraid of people like yourself...having much to say about nothing.