Thursday, August 11, 2005

Finding Inspiration


i was suffering from writers block.
for a while now it has plagued me.
thought, maybe i lost the touch
and stopped expecting the spark to come.

i'd read over some of my old stuff.
i'd have flutters and thoughts inside.
but nope, nothing would develop,
just mute paper and silent expectation.

i took a walk in the park
fly-shooing and children playing
colors cavity-sweet to the eye
clouds, kites and birds against the blue.

yet it was still evasive.
and when the words would come
i pulled out my net to grab them
but they refused, and capture was slow.

so i figured maybe one day
one day it might return
and gave up on the searching
resolved, my days of muse were gone.

then I met you that day
what seemed like coincidence.
still unclear of how it started,
now there’s sudden possible wholeness.

and as quickly as it left
inspiration rushed back in
stimulating and demanding me
and made immortal by my pen.


(*inspired by a friend)


© ChandraNicole
All Rights Reserved
8/11/05

1 comment:

feels good b n FREE said...

thanx gurl...and for everything u said concerning my current inspiration. :)