Saturday, December 13, 2008

Diamonds, On tha Headlines...4get DL, it's me

So here are my thoughts, musings, and opinions about some of the news headlines that are on my mind. I'm gonna try to do these once a week...so please lemme know what u think.


Star High School Running Back Mysteriously Dead
So the story is that, he was pulled over by an officer and when the officer returned to his patrol car to run this young man's info. He heard a gunshot
and when he came up to the car, he saw Billy Joe Johnson dead on the ground by the driver side of the car.
His family and friends are in disbelief...MY TAKE:Um, I don't know why, maybe it's my cynicism toward officers...but something in me is thinking...*cough* buLLsH!t *cough* I mean, it could've happened, I guess. But it just seems so arbitrary that he'd take that moment to kill himself. They said he had a shotgun by his side...a shot gun???
I dunno ya'll, this just don't sit right with me. What do you say??? You can read the story HERE


What if they were black?
So this is the case where the little was missing for over 30days before her mother reported her missing. The mom's story has changed continuously, her car was found abandoned with the stench of a decomposing body in it, but no body. After months she was finally charged with the disappearance of her daughter, for which she has pled "not guilty" maintaining that the babysitter stole er daughter.
MY TAKE: I feel real funny about this situation as well, but what is overwhelmingly obvious is how "well" this young woman has been treated under the circumstances. She has been jailed two or three times, only to be released, the authorities (while suspecting her) have given her plenty of the benefit of the doubt even though her stories have been unbelievable and just not checking out. But if this young twenty something mom was black, whether it received any media coverage or not (most likely not) she would've been locked up, put under the jail, and treated as guilty until proven innocent. I know this, because I've seen it first hand with young black mothers...and not for killing or losing their children, but for allegations of spankings, or just about any other thing that is viewed as a social infraction. The irony of this is down right pitiful.
By the way there are missing minority little girls and boys that never get air time...what about them?


Flood Warning For "My Town"...
The Weather channel reports that, "A FLOOD WARNING MEANS THAT FLOODING IS IMMINENT OR HAS BEEN REPORTED. "
MY TAKE: Oh, great. I'm at work right now so I'ma have to row, row, row my boat home...I sure hope my house hasn't floated away. lol.
Have a Happy Saturday!!!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

dang…this is just a shame.
r u 4 real with that dark skin talk???
*smh*
dang

feels good b n FREE said...

lmbo@ freaky deaky.
whateva yo

Miss Snarky Pants said...

You know that would have been a completely different story had that woman been black.

I'm mad she was released @ all...

They should have thrown her UNDER the jail!!

Oh and please believe that that 1st story has shady written all over it!!