Thursday, September 14, 2006

Can't Stop Crying (poetic prose)

*a song inspired this...and altho i've had all these feelings before, it really isn't that bad right now, i'm moving on in my life and i'm very happy to be FREE.

You made me cry
so many times.
loving u wasn't easy,
gave u my whole life.
i wish u appreciated
the woman i am.
prayed and stood by your side
and today i stand alone.
your babies i carried
make it hard to let go.
another man...
sees what you left of me.
i remember feeling
like i wasn't good enuf.
what did she have on me?
u said goodbye
like
everything is alright.
and when it's all over
i still stand alone
tears
rolling
down
my face,
trickles down my pillow
an endless stream.
and i don't even
want u no more
just want the hurt to go
just want the rewards
for being so good in love.
and right when i think
it's all over,
these eyes well up
the dam breaks
the flood falls...
a broken heart
that can't be mended.
a broken woman
that just don't get it
why?
i glanced in the mirror
and i'm entranced at
the glassy eyes looking back
trying to trap
those illusive drops
but
they
won't
be
held
back
for the last coupla years
i haven't stopped cryin
and just cause u
can't see the tears
don't mean a thing
cause
i'm cryin inside.
somewhere there's healing for me
the mourning 's gon' leave...
these precious tears
i don' cried have
been counted and
are worst than blood
on your hands...
i'm wait'n
but for now
it hurts so bad
that i
cant help but cry...
Chandra Wood 9/06

5 comments:

Friar Tuck said...

Im sorry.

feels good b n FREE said...

@friar...don't b, i'm good.
trust me.
*smiles*

LUVIN ME said...

I glad you were able to get that off your chest...

Ladynay said...

:-(

TrinaBeingTrina said...

I try to be sympathetic but I'm wondering why is he still worth your tears? Maybe I don't understand because I have never given myself so completely to someone. But I hope you find your way thru, so that when you look at him you can see right thru him.