Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Sowing Good Seeds


I was talking to my friend Ivan about somethings I had been going through in one of my relationships. He told me about the law of seedtime and harvest. That, in other words, you have to put in what you want out. I appreciated what he was saying however it was problematic to me. This because many times in the past I've sown love, and friendship, trust and concern in relationships and yet reaped betrayal, hurt, lies, and damage. It just didn't seem right.

Then God revealed to me that the good seeds that I've sown have yet to be reaped.
I mean, I'm far from perfect, but when it comes to my friendships and other relationships I put in 100% until and sometimes even after I've been scorned.
Still I've accepted the responsibility to, even in the face of mistreatment, to sow what I would want to recieve. In dealing with Leron, it has made a huge difference in our relationship.
I am so happy he is in my life and I can spend more time grateful for what we have rather then frustrated about what we have yet to develop. That's a good feeling.
I mean it is the golden rule...."do unto others as you would have them do unto you."
It has amazed me the benefits that practice is making in my daily relationships.
Try this with someone who drives you crazy...
it might make things better by changing your perspective. I figure, I don't have anything to lose because even if I don't get what I want out of my right now situation, my harvest time is coming.

On another note, my friend Kai sent me an email, asking me to describe him in one word. I thought it was a fun email and I sent it out to several people...at my own risk. (lol)
And I just wanted to share the words that I got back...
They really made me smile


  • Awesome
  • Wonderful
  • Friendly
  • Beautiful (2x)
  • Stinker (that's from my daddy...lol)
  • Loving (3x)
  • Heart
  • Emotional
  • Courageous
  • Caring (2x)
  • Caroving ( caring + loving=caroving) lol

That was neat...what would your one word be??

**Oh yeah I wanted to ask you all to go read a friend of mine's blog. He has an exerpt from a novel he's writing (at least i think it's a novel) go read it and leave your feed back..thanx a lot.

13 comments:

LUVIN ME said...

I feel that in some way or another we reap what we sow.

Friar Tuck said...

reaping and sowing is not always direct either. What you reaped in your relationship with one person may be sown in your relationship with others, maybe not even the same type of relationship.

The sowing and reaping principle is a principle of wisdom in my mind, not a direct cause and effect thing.

There is a difference between the biblical picture of thing and karma after all.

feels good b n FREE said...

friar...i agree to some extent.

you don't always reap thing immediately...indeed. In fact, you might not even reap something tangible...but you reap never the less.

I alluded to this in my post. The truth is that you will ultimately reap what you sow. No matter what that is.

People shy away from this principle because it puts a demand on us to put in what we want out of life.

Sure Karma is the secular version of this...but the idea stems from this basic Biblical promise.

Paula D. said...

Great post!

Friar Tuck said...

but part of Christian teaching....nevermind...I am going to post on this.

Friar Tuck said...

but first let me quote U2

"grace travels outside of Karma"

Superstar Nic said...

I don't completely agree with the "you reap what you sow". I know that I am a genuinely good person that has had things done to me that I did not deserve.

My one word would be "friendly".

feels good b n FREE said...

The bottom line is this....

"Do not be deceived, God is not mocked; for whatever a man sows, this he will also reap. For the
one who sows to his own flesh shall from the flesh reap corruption, but the one who sows to the
Spirit shall from the Spirit reap eternal life. And let us not lose heart in doing good, for in due time
we shall reap if we do not grow weary. So then, while we have opportunity, let us do good to all
men, and especially to those who are of the household of the faith."

The words of Galatians 6:7 are simple. The phrases are easily understood. Even a child can understand the metaphor that
Paul uses. Our problem is not with understanding what the apostle is talking about, but with being willing to deal with our
love of deception. We tend, by nature, to deceive ourselves. Our natural inclination is to choose to be deceived rather than
to face truth that is painful and unpleasant.

It doesn't matter who agrees. The Bible is THE TRUTH.
God doesn't need us to cosign.

We may not reap on a one to one correlation,(because of GRACE:or God's unmerited favor) but indeed the things we practice and the choices we make in our life will NOT go unrewarded(be that good or bad!)

Ladynay said...

Ize confoosed! One word about you or me?

You = nuturing
Me = sweet

Anonymous said...

I hate to be a comment repeater BUT that was a really good post. Sometimes remembering we may not get out of one relationshiop what we put into but another we may get so much more :)

latinachik4lif said...

that is tight...all the words u got bak r truly correct....i dunno wat my own word would b...wat u think???

Anonymous said...

aww that was soo sweet....You seem to be a really sweet person... There is no doubt in my mind that you will be very happy at harvest time

Anonymous said...

Seed....time....harvest. Those are the principles that we live by as Christians. This is a fundamental law that we must realize that we live by as children of God. You sow what u want then in time you shall reap the harvest...IF you do not grow weary and lose faith. When it comes to matters of the heart, it is even more difficult to do this becasue it is heart to "do unto others...." but when we do things the way God would have us to do them, we will ALWAYS reap bountiful blessings. But of course u know this...lol. Much luv sweetie. That Ivan is a bright guy!