Wednesday, February 08, 2006

Far Above Rubies (Proverbs 31) Coretta Scott King

Hi everybody...
I've been busy tryna to heal from surgery, so I haven't had much to say.

I really don't like to blog about the stuff everybody in the world is blogging about, but I can't help but blog about Coretta Scott King. I watched most of her funeral online including pictures of her in the casket...which by the way were amazing. I mean dead people always look exceptionally dead in their casket...no matter the lighting, the makeup, whatever.
Maybe because I wasn't there in person, but in the pictures she looked beautiful. You could definitely tell that no expense was spared. Rightfully.

I enjoyed the service...listening especially to Bill Clinton, Maya Angelou and mostly Attallah Shabazz. I found it funny watching the Bushes on stage as references were made to racial inequality, the color of the Katrina victims, weapons of mass destruction, and corrupt leadership. I thought it was very funny...watching dude squirm, and have to be there in front of a sea of black people (who cheered like fools for Clinton)
http://www.riehlworldview.com/carnivorous_conservative/
(read what bush followers say)

But back to Ms. Shabazz...she approached the podium and I wanted to be surprised, but I wasn't. After
all, as she said her family and the King family were sibling families...linked by the cause and the tragic lost of their patriachs. She moved me to tears...she was visibly shaken and broken. Still through the tears flecks of her father (Malcolm X) shone through as she was able to speak with such poise, candor and articulation. Not to mention that when she smiled...instant pictures of her fathers beautiful (almost mesmerizing smile) popped into my head. She spoke about how Mrs. King had been like a second mother to her...espcially after her own mother had passed on. I cried because to her and to the Kings...the woman who had gone to be with God was not a mere Civil rights champion, not just a symbol of grace and the first lady of a nation of people, rather to them she was mommy, mother, friend.
My heart ached as I recognized the hurt of saying good bye to a precious mother.

President Clinton took the time to remind the congregation that Mrs.
King was a real person, with feelings, fears, hurts, hopes and so are her children and fanily and close friends who now have to rebuild without such a wonderful and Virtous Woman (Proverbs 31) as Mrs. Coretta Scott King.

"When you had the privilege of being loved so unconditionally (by our mothers) you dare not ask them to stay a moment longer and deny them of being in the arms of the ONE who loves them most." Attallah Shabazz

We had the privilege of feeling some of that unconditional love from Mrs. King...Now she is at home in the arms of her Savior. Safe from harm!


9 comments:

LUVIN ME said...

She was a remarkable woman....

feels good b n FREE said...

@tamiko...i'm with you on that.
and i'm sure mouth surgery is minor in the big scope of surgery...but it's got me starving over here. lol

@luvinme...truly

Friar Tuck said...

thanks for sharing

Ladynay said...

Get well soon!

feels good b n FREE said...

@friar...I had to

@lafynay...I'm working on it :)

princessdominique said...

I can't get over how much Atallah looks just like Malcolm. I didn't see it but I hope to catch it this weekend.

feels good b n FREE said...

@princess...yeah it truly is something.

MZPEACH said...

Beautifully written. I loved the funeral as well.

feels good b n FREE said...

@latinchik...i'm glad sweetie

@gp...thanx ma, yeah it was something huh?