Sunday, December 04, 2005

Officially the Season!!


For those of you who don't know me personally...Christmas time is magical to me. My parents created a quiet frenzy around the holiday that has never ceased inside of me. So opposed to many of you scrooges out there..I am elated!
My girls and I will be hitting up whatever hot spots (ie..the places with the sales..lol) tryna make Christmas happen. I think the most amazing part of the shopping..is the time we spend together. I mean I shop alone..but get me and Trina and Dan together...whew u better watch out! lol
On black Friday...I almost passed out in the mall because I hadn't slept for 24 hours or eaten for 12. But I was determined...lol
Oh and ps...Treen, I'm so mad that I missed the gallery!!

But for real tho
Let me speak my mind a little...more frank than normal. I am honest with you all about my faith, but I try not to be too incorrect politically.
Oh well....
There is talk now of some states changing the name of the Christmas tree to the Holiday tree. This is happening because some people feel "left out."
I'm sorry to say this but...so what!
When Hannukah comes around...I feel left out. But so what? I am not a Jew. When Ramadan comes through...I'm left out. (Even tho that's kinda okay for me, with all that fasting...lol) But so what...I'm not a muslim.
So what that unbelievers feel left out. America so widely celebrates Christmas because this nation was founded on Christian ideals...maybe not Christian behaviors...but at least a basic belief in Christ.
So today we celebrate a watered down Christmas...but CHRISTmas never the less. But Santa hasn't stolen enough of the Lord's shine...now we gotta take Christ off the tree?... (which by the way was never really a Christian symbol) I'm pissed off! Yeah I said it. I'm down right angry.
Christians...that is followers of Jesus Christ in general are a joke.
We aren't taken seriously, when we stand on what God says...we are called bigots and intolerant. When we say there is one truth we are considered nieve and closed minded. It is said that we have faith in an antiquated old book manipulated by white men....
But our holidays? Those most precious and hallowed?
We have allowed the world to encroach upon...to steal the holiness...to attempt to erase the real meaning of Christmas...(and even Easter.)

Well...I may not be able to do much besides pray, vote.But I will spare not and cry LOUD....If you feel left out..it is because you are!
BUT, you choose to be.
Christ was born, lived, died, and rose again...and is alive today so that we can live a free and abundant life. This world is perverse and things aren't always gonna be perfect..whether you are a Christian or an agnostic...but what I have is the hope beyond my troubles of Jesus Christ.
What we all have is the unmerited and unconditional love of the Lord...but everything else is up to us.
I'll be blogging throughout the holiday season, but I just wanted to kick it off...letting you know where I stand.

I love you all and be blessed!!

19 comments:

Casey said...

I don't believe that I could of said it better myself. You hit the nail dead on the head. It is up to us (Christains) to spread the love and the word of God. Let those that don't want to listen or take part go there way, but it can be said that we did share with them the miracles and the glory of Jesus. This "holiday" tree thing is outrageous, it will always be a Christmas tree to me. Now this santa claus thing ( good topic for my next post) really ticks me... When I have kids, they will know the true meaning of Christmas, and not some made up version of someone that supposedly flys in the air with flying deer and comes down a hot, smokey chimney.... It is stupid..

I am adding you to my friend list..

God Bless and Merry Christmas,

Casey

feels good b n FREE said...

@casey...i'm very glad that you're feelin me!!!
we do have a job to do!
about santa...my parents let me be a child and enjoy the fun of the fairytale..as they did with the easter bunny and the tooth fairy...but throughout and increasingly as we became older they taught and emphasized Jesus Christ and Him born,crucified, and resurrected!
I am so grateful for an innocent childhood...and for knowing the real meaning of the holiday!

Mindy said...

that is great!! I love your blog!
Mindy

Anonymous said...

Very well put, I couldn't agree with you more, nice Blog.

Superstar Nic said...

I completely agree. Why are they trying to take "Christ" out of everything?

I love the Christmas season to. It is my favorite time of the year.

Friar Tuck said...

I am a more politically liberal than you on this.

But thats ok.

Just know that most Protestants were not really celebrating Christmas until after the Civil War in America.

princessdominique said...

AMEN! Girl you are my new best friend. Seriously. Email me. I'm putting you on my list. Aint nothing better than an articulate, beautiful woman who can get her point across. I feel the same way about X-mas. It irks me whenever I see it.

African girl, American world said...

Beautiful sanging!

This morning there was a hoopla on the morning news about mega churches not having a service on Christmas day so they could be home with their families. They'll have several services Christmas Eve. All kinds of ruckus was made...one person said you mean the NBA will work but not pastors and the like. I'm all about personal time so if you're at home with your tree and do your own reflection then who cares about the masses?

Personally I could care less but you are right it is all about inclusion - it's like that one commercial that tickles me everytime

Happy Merry ChristHaukwanzaa or something like that.

theequeenbee said...

My pastor was just preaching about this on Sunday. However, he emphasized the point you made about how tree is not really a Christian symbol, nor the easter egg at Easter. As Christians, we have allowed secular influences to water down OUR beliefs. But I'm with you on how changing the name of Christmas tree to Holiday tree is ridiculous.

If we're in such a mood to change things then why not change the names of things like the Redskins or Indian Head Highway in Maryland; Wall Street in New York which was named because a wall was erected to separate blacks and Native Americans from white settlers; the white pride town named White Town in Texas; and much more! It tickles me how America calls itself a Christian nation. Yet when it comes to standing by Christian standards of love we tolerate racial hate and want to eliminate any symbols of our Christianity by calling the Christmas tree a Holiday tree because it may offend others.

Brotha Buck said...

Beautiful. I try to overlook how everyone celebrates the holidays, and create our own family traditions.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Well Diamond you know I got somethin' smart to say.

You get so worked up over everything. :-). I do not care what they call the dam tree, because I'm about to ban Christmas from my household because it has gotten waaaayyy out of control...Dam kids just beggin' for everything they see. I'm workin' 900 hours a week and I'm still broke.

And don't even get me started on "Santa." I told my child at a very,very young age that it ain't no dam Santa. I'm Santa...I wish I would let some fat white man take credit for what I'm bussin' my ass doin'....working 900 hours a week. (did I mention that already?)

Can't wait for us to go shopping....*smooches*

brooklyn babe said...

I don't get into the "commercial" hype about anything; what I have notice over the years is the taking out the "God" in everything and putting the dollar bill first.

The spiritual good feel vibes that the holidays sends out, are all giddy and love for me.
Happy Shopping!

Anonymous said...

Hey beautiful...i know i'm kinda late on this, but I'm JUST checking out your blog today! This was sooo on time sweetie. After u wrote this, I heard some straight up distrubing stuff on the news. Locally, statewide, and now even nationally...Christ is being taken out of this season because of some politically correcet bull****. I'm with you sweetie...I could care LESS how other ppl feel left out because of the season. Its not the country's obligation to conform for the feelings of a VAST majority...and as far as I can remember..I didn't hear about anyone complaining! This has to stop! Even President Bush, the "man of God" that he calls himself, is refusing to put Merry Christmas on his Christmas cards this year!! This has gone entirely too far. I have a blog that I wrote on Tuesday that I want you to check out and to take into consideration sweetie. But I share in your frustration, anger, and utter HATRED of the notion of taking the REAL meaning of this season. To hell with a "Happy Holidays"!!! Love you sweetie!...ttyl

Anonymous said...

I meant a vast minority..not majority...speaking of the between 4-16 percent of the country that don't celebrate Christmas

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

Good post.

Tilina said...

Excellent post Chan! Taking Christ out of the tree is mere proof how the world is getting worse and worse and the end times are truly near. And this is not the only example, they're taking Christ out of everything- I mean what next!

Like u, as a child my mom also let me enjoy the fairytale of Santa, but we also (like u) always knew the true meaning of Christmas. Nowadays I think Christmas has definitely lost it's meaning- Toys, credit card debt, etc. I think we as Christians should do our best to keep Christ in Christmas, even if it means not doing as the world does- Santa, Toys, etc. I know some Christians who won't even use a Christmas tree, but I think to each his own- as long as the true meaning (Christ) is being put out there. T

Icey said...

I LOVE Christmas also!

Hev said...

I love CHRISTmas too, the only thing is...last Christmas me and my husband decided not to put up anymore tree's until we had children. Our reasons?

1. It has no Biblical significance. Yes it is stil Christmas even if you don't have a tree.

2. It's just more money out of my pocket and something else to clean up.

3. Who's idea was it to chop down a tree from outside and put it smack dab in the middle of your living room anyway?

To me it's just another silly tradition...like blowing ya hot stinkin breath all over someone's B-day cake to blow out the potential fire hazard we like to call candles.

Tha BossMack TopSoil said...

I'ts tha season baby!