Tuesday, October 04, 2005

Pumping Gas














I can't pump gas.
I just moved out of New Jersey and I'm lost! I wouldn't normally consider myself a helpless dame, but I am so against pumping my own gas. I have tried to pump my gas three times and I feel like it just isn't right. At home I just pull up and tell someone what I want and they pump my car full...or at least a few quarters full of gas. (lol) This is how it oughta be!


The other day I was driving my brother's truck. To my dismay I had to put gas in it. I stepped out of the truck and told the attendant I wanted $20 on number 1.
I paid, took the gas cap off and put the nozzle in my tank. But no gas was coming out. So I start pushing buttons on the pump and pulling the latch up on the nozzle, still no gas. I start feeling nervous and look around, trying not to appear lost. I saw a man walk near by and I have to admit that it took everything in me not to make my helplessness visible to him. Earlier that day two or three different men had acknowledged me, one coming up to the truck saying, "Hi my name is Cliff, can I give you my number."
So I'm thinking, well I must look cute today, so maybe I can use that to get some help here. I was feeling desperate and starting to sweat... fighting being embarrassed. Right when I was about to swallow my pride and use my feminine wiles....click....it started working!
phew! I just stood there in my denim skirt and high heel wedges pretending like I was a pro and had been pumping gas all my life.
I don't know what I'm gonna do next time. Help me somebody please!!

16 comments:

theequeenbee said...

Every state should be like New Jersey. You get to sit in your car, let someone else pump the gas, and don't have to tip because it's the gas pumpers job.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

You are a damn fool!! (HAHA) haven't you ever traveled down south. If you have ever been on a road trip down south you would definitely be a pro at pumping gas. Ok I'll be very honest with you.... the real reason I'm such a pro @ pumping gas is because my car's gas tank it all jacked up for some strange reason. When I go to get gas you can't just put the pump in and set it and the gas just flows in, the gas pump actually needs to be held or it just keeps cutting off. So in order to avoid cussing out all of the habibians (HAHA) who own the gas stations and act like they don't know how to physically pump gas, I just get out and pump my own gas. And yes there have been times when I was dressed up in some heels and a little skirt and I found myself trying to be cute and pump gas at the same time.

Anonymous said...

girl, you have a regular. i really like your blog.

feels good b n FREE said...

@qb...yes! what business do we have getting gas on our hands?? lol.

@Trina...oh gurl, I 4got about what a pro u have to be so u don't whoop somebody's tail...lol. remember when me,u, malinda,and keta was tryna pump gas in philly? (lmao) lookin all cute like, how do we do this?


@mai! I can't tell you how happy I am to have u...look forward to hearin from u! welcome chica!

@latinchik...i guess i oughta be ashamed huh? U R 15 and u can out pump me...oh the shame...lol

Ddot the King said...

ROFL! Oh my goodness this is too funny!

feels good b n FREE said...

@ ddot...I'm glad u got a kick out of my woes!! :(
I'm kiddin...thanx for comin by!

smooches!

Icey said...

Girl bye! Why am I cracking up over here!

I HATE pumping gas too. Former SO still comes by the crib Sunday evenings to put gas in the ride! I know how I just hate doing it!

ListenToLeon.net said...

If you buy me some gas for MY car, I'll pump yours anytime you like ;)

Dayrell said...

Hi. Nice blog. This is my first time here.

Hey, it's funny because. When I visit states where they "do" pump your gas for you, I thought it was rather strange, and for a minute, I couldn't cope...because I was so use to pumping it myself. lol.

But hey, I learned to deal. =) Plus I didn't mind the extra "lazy time".

feels good b n FREE said...

@ icey..so glad i made u laugh!
dumb ol' gas

@hustleman...baby for u i might do just about anything to get u to pump my gas..lol
JUST ABOUT!

@Dayrell...well i'm missin my extra "lazy time!"

Anonymous said...

one of the things I loved about Jersey! I did NOT have to pump my own gas! I'm with q.b... all states should be like Jersey!

Brotha Buck said...

Now that is a new one to me. In this day of the liberated feminist, here we got a woman who don't know how to pump gas. And I think that is so sweet...in a cute kind of way.

TrinaBeingTrina said...

Chan, Guess what..I'm @ work and I was reading this to Carla and one of the nurses overheard us and she is from Louisiana and she said they pump their own gas, but this is my question. Why the hell do they have people work @ the damn gas station if they are not woking at all because you are obviously workin if you are pumping your own damn gas!!!! I can not understand it (haha)

Chele said...

Don't feel bad, sis. I can pump my own gas, change the tires and do a tune up if necessary, but I sure will be batting my eyelashes and looking pretty and helpless (or is that pretty helpless) while I watch with stars in my eyes as he does all that stuff.

brooklyn babe said...

You northerners are soooo spoiled, its trips me out that gas stations are even full service. Down south, you gotta get UR ass out to pay, pump and push off.... so I had to learn right quick, as I had become a state to state driver some years back. Thank goodness I learn, cause whenever I drive to Jersey, I let the attendant know, I got this...... and keep my $2 tip in my pocket.

feels good b n FREE said...

@ brooklyn...I definitely AM spoiled. I'm kewl wit that. :)
I don't think it's cute for my hands to b smellin like gas after I pump gas. Ugh! File me away under spoiled jersey gurl!