Thursday, September 15, 2005

Vinegar Don't Quench ya Thirst!


So tha fam and I went for a ride the other day. We were in my brother's brand spankin new 2006 something or other vehicle. It was blazin' outside.
Still we opted to let the wind blowing through the windows be our air condition....I mean gas prices are CRAZY! We pulled into a station to get $20 of gas, a mere quarter of a tank...but I digressed. As the kids and I waited for my brother in the car I start feeling parched and glance at my now shiny forehead chil'ren and realize they are almost panting. Feeling guilty I run into the store to get us some bottles of water. My brother was at the counter about to pay. So I handed him the water and made it clear to him it was for me and the kids. He said he didn't want one. He did, however purchase some salt and vinegar potato chips.
So we're back in the car rolling to our destination...the kids and I getting refreshed by the cold bottles of Aquafina. I look over at my brother tearing up them salt-vinegary chips and think, I know that nigro is thirsty. I handed him my water and he happily gulped it down.
Then I said to him..."Vinegar don't quench your thirst." Once again he gave me one of those looks that said...And you graduated from what college???
I insisted, "Listen, when Jesus was on the cross he said to the soldiers 'I thirst' and they put a sponge to his mouth with hyssop and VINEGAR on it. Vinegar don't quench your thirst."
He once again gave me that look and said, "It was torture Chandra." I knew that.
But I was thinking...ok Jesus withstood the beating, the mocking, even the nasty spit in His face....but if I were Jesus and they gave me a vinegar ridden sponge to suck on, it woulda been to hell with all of ya'll. Matter of fact, I woulda had the angels take me off the cross and I'da then shoved a large portion of vinegary sponge down each soldier's throat and said "now thine hath gone too far...drink on this until ye thirst (or breathe) no more."
Ok I know that's evil, but it's real. Thank God that He's not like us!!!

Later ya'll.

5 comments:

Hev said...

Yea, thank God...if it was my choice they would have never got me on the cross in the first place...I'm sorry (no I'm really not) but I'm not dyin for nobody. Some of yall are some real cool peeps but a lot of yall...I could really do without. Not you Choo Choo (smile)

glory said...

yeah you right, vinegar don't quench your thirst. i'm mad he didn't take the hint from you and the kids...

Tilina said...

Very true and very funny:)

brooklyn babe said...

See that's why they didn't make you Jesus... and let you sit for a while until they was ready to birth you some 898,678, 345, 321 years later... lmao.
Wassup sis, passing through showing you some love back. Finally got a minute blog, thanks for stopping thru!

Chele said...

lolllllllllllllllllllllllll
You so dang stoopit!
You ain't lying. Thank GOD He is not like us or else we would be in BIG trouble.