Friday, September 09, 2005

Random thoughts, rants, and gripes (in no particular order)

I always have eleventeen-hundred things running thru my head, it's just that when I blog I try to make sense out of the most prominent thoughts. Not today! Why? because I can, cause I don't care, and cause it's Friday.

Favorite Jean/Favorite Song
I want so badly to disagree with this Gap commercial. I just don't want to accept that a favorite song is like a favorite jean. But I have to! Ugh! I just hate that they were so dag on clever with this advertisement series.
So since I can't beat them...
My favorite jeans: I actually have two pair. One I can't zip up no more since my last son was born..pitiful! But I vow to wear them jeans again...even if it's just for a few minutes. The other pair are from Old Navy, a much darker blue denim with hay colored piping. They are cut long and I'm short...but I love this, cause I can wear them long, or cuff them...whatever. I'm addicted to them. I can wear them to the club, or the grocery store. (that is if a good girl like me were to ever go to a club..lol...shut up Trina!)
My favorite song: Okay, this isn't exactly fair. So I'll have to answer it like this
The song I'm loving right now: Taxi by Tweet...when I hear it I feel like I'm floating to HIS home. I gotta turn it off sometimes...it gets me to thinking too much.
Favorite soul song: Change gon' come by Sam Cooke (self-explanatory), and Send it On by D'angelo
I will eternally love D and this song makes me close my eyes and sway while crooning with him!!! I skip back to the beginning at least tree times before I can let it ride.
Favorite Gospel Songs: Ordinary by Commissioned, and The Question is, originally by The Winans and remade by Woody from Dru Hill. I was telling my brother when those songs come on I just wanna slide across the floor on my knees like Rudy in the cosby show when she was lip-syncing..."JESUUUUSSSS!, JESUUUUSSS!" lol
Really though, the message, the music, and the vocals are addictive in both songs.

How much is this?... One Dollar!
Like you, I smh at the idiocy of that guy in the dollar tree commercials who keeps asking, "How much is this?"
But I went to the dollar store yesterday and ashamedly I caught myself mid, "How muc..." Now, before you laugh I am so sure that everything in that store ain't worth a dollar! I'm telling you, I bought a roll of paper towel, It was a nice size roll, but it was one roll and I KNOW I've paid 79 cents for a comparable roll at Walmart(a place that I love...another rant) So why am I paying a dollar for it here?? And don't sleep, I'm counting dimes, quarters, dollars...and even pennies. Have you seen gas prices?
Anyway, I also bought a mop. Now I really needed it, and while it was missing a few twisty,stringy hair things...it would work. But that mop had to be worth at least $1.50. Maybe $2. I feel like I shoulda hid it and walked outta the store, cause I was almost stealing it at $1.00. Anyway, the reason people wanna ask how much stuff cost in the dollar store is cause everything don't be worth just a dollar...and some be worth like 50 cents...lol. Plus I bought a bible and chicken soup for the soul for someone...paid $2 dolla!!! Can u believe that? (hehehe)

I Love Beyonce
I couldn't stand her before. During the whole start of DC. I hated that she thought she was the star. Little did I know that she actually was. This chick is awesome to me. I don't care if u hate, or get mad, or whatever!! And by the way her birthday just passed!!! Happy Birthday girl!! Virgos Represent. Anyway, she can sing her behind off. I fell in love with her solo album and since then...that's my dawg. So to all my girl friends that wanna kick me off the island, out the car, or outta the bar b q cause I bring up Beyonce...pish posh on you!!! And all dem' Keisha Coles, Tierra Maries and even Ciara's just tryna be B.Carter....but they can't be...lol, don't b mad.

Everybody talkin' bout Heaven ain't going !
I'm nobody's judge, but the Bible says you can tell believer's by their fruit (of the spirit)
As a pastor's daughter (don't believe everything common raps about...lol) I see these chuuch folx all the time. Many of them truly love God, and mean you well. But boy i think the meanest, and evilest folx in the world be up in the church!! Whispering and falling a sleep while my daddy...I mean the preacher preach....and then stand up in front of the church like, I's so holy and ya'll ain't right, you better get on your knees and pray for my approval" Hmph! that's what I gotta say to that. It makes me sad, cause there are so many people that'll use the excuse of trifling church folx to stay away from church and even christianity. I wish they'd realize that those of us who truly love and know the Lord...ain't the ones acting holier than thou. We understand that we are imperfect and that in spite of our imperfections...God loves us.
So I'm trying to forgive and be loving to all the "fake" Christians, even our Commander and Chief
what?? I'm just sayin.


Vices and Addictions
My name is Chandra and I am a blog addict. I am ashamed, I have only been doing this for like 2 months...and I can't stop. Not to mention I have a few bloggers that I must read. Humanity Critic, Brutha Code, and Leon (hiding my face behing my hands) Listen...maybe I shouldn't read them, but I can't help but look and see what they talking about each day. (i don't know how to link them to this entry...so click on Leon under my daily reads and he's linked to the other two)
I'm 'bout to stop blogging tho, because ya'll don't appreciate me. lol. Well maybe not that, 'cause I don't care, but these other bloggers make me feel stale or dumb. I wonder about bloggers tho, is it contrived intellect or comedy????
It probably is, but who cares 'cause I'm reading still. As for me, all I know how to be is who I am.
And I'm addicted....nevermind......I almost told ya'll more, but I don't know u like that. (hehe)




4 comments:

Zeezy4Sheezy said...

Don't give up hope.. some one cares

Anonymous said...

hey i care bout your idiocy! you have a real special way of making interesting things sound soooo boring! i fell alseep 3 times during your rant! and im at work! i am gonna stop reading this garbage. if i sleep in MY Church it is because the preacher is boring. plus i stayed up all night because my wifes face scares the ish out of me. You see if you want to be a christian you gotta only ACT like it on sunday, as long as you wear sundays best and you go to sunday school then GOD dont care if you lie, cheat, back bite, dig ditches, and plot on the man of GOd. so forget you and your non - annointed family! Southern Baptist For Life!!!!!!!!!!

Deacon GRAYADAMS
Former Chairman for 20 years

feels good b n FREE said...

@ zeezy...thanx babe! i needed reassurance

@ Dea.GRAYADAMS I'm LMAO...u make me smile.Tell Lucifer I said Holla!!! (hehehe)

Anonymous said...

AHH...u are too funny. I am no Blogger I, I can barely sepll. But I lve reading ur Bloggs for some strange reason... Seems to make me laugh or have a real topic of conversation for work the next day. So please dont give up...U really have a Gift for writing (A Lawd she can Talk too...lol).If I knew u better I would say That U have adult ADD...The way skipped all around on this one...(But I'm Sure ur not like that all the Time)LOL...Oh and Dec.Gray so nuff be noddin off...Tryin to catch his big Azz Head from Hit the person in front of him...And dont u mean Beyonce W...Lol...That Is a Beautiful Women the Lord Created...Uhm...Uhm.Uhm...Keep u the good work Chew Chew (aka Pretty Gurl)...
Ps: Look for those D'angelo Tickets to be coming in the mail

Peace and Blessings
DAT BOI LAWSON