Tuesday, December 09, 2008

A New Day

I was sitting at my kitchen table this weekend, opening mail. A midst a bunch of junk and bills I'd rather discard, was an envelope with an Obama (Yes We Did) bumper sticker. I had ordered it, but still felt excited when it arrived. I took the sticker out and set it on the table to be ready for next time I went out to the car.
My beautiful 2year old nephews were over for the weekend. They are finally getting their precious baby sounds to sound like English. :)

Christopher, the oldest of the twins, came right over to the table and said, "Ahbama!" Stunned, I said, "Huh?" And he replied and pointed to the bumper sticker, "Ahbama, Ahbama." I jumped up and almost ran to my living room, where my brother was, to tell him what the baby said. Little Chris followed right behind me grinning as I recounted the story. I said, "tell daddy" and sure enough it was no mistake..."Ahbama." lol.
What a day, when my little 2yr old gorgeous, intelligent, caramel brown baby nephew, knows the President-Elect by name. It might seem so insignificant to some, but it is HUGE to me. And who knows what the future holds, what that moment meant, because Christopher might even be President one day. It could happen.

I mean....it literally could happen!

No comments: