Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Obama Drama








Why can't folx just leave this man alone?? I mean, it's ridiculous that America wants him to pick whether he is a Black man or just a mulatto presidental candidate. It downright ticks me off...

Doesn't he deserve to be proud of his black heritage???

No, because it is too risky. I am proud of Obama because he has remained amazingly neutral when it comes to the issue of race, and honestly...I believe it is to Black America's advantage.

His pastor, or spiritual advisor or whatever, shouldn't have opened his mouth. Although the preacher Jeremiah Wright, expressed some opinions that are shared by a number of Black Americans.
White America wants to say that because of Barak's long standing relationship with this man, that he has the same extreme opinions.
Part of me wants to say if so, so what!?! McCain was quoted saying something like, he doesn't care if we stay in Iraq for another 100 years. HELLO!!!! Does no one see the problem with this extreme thinking???
Apparently, Pastor Wright has expressed views that claim that the government "lied about inventing the HIV virus as a means of genocide against people of color." He has supposedly also preached other radical "racial" politics. But what is America afraid of??? The truth? (I'm not saying I believe this claim, but who knows...)
Barak is not allowed to be a black man, because America doesn't want a black man in the office.
As long as he is a watered down version of a black man it MIGHT be okay. As soon as it seems like he may be an actual advocate for Black America...he's an extremist. Are you kidding me??

I'm happy that he is doing what he has to do to move forward and win this election, BUT the preacher was right when he said, "Barack knows what it means to be a black man living in a country and a culture that is controlled by rich white people. Hillary can never know that. Hillary ain't never been called a Ni****." I mean it's true isn't it??
I mean really, can Barak Obama LIVE?? America just shows it hasn't changed. People are entitled to free speech and their own opinions...right? Unless they are people of color. Humph, and I don't believe that because that Preacher said the things he has said that Obama should be attacked. DANG! I also believe that a person who is well aquainted with the hardship of being Black in America is a prime choice to bring healing and unity across racial, economic and religious barriers. Doesn't everyone want that? I would hope so.

2 comments:

Consistently Inconsistent... said...

I'm with u...leave Obama alone...but wait....maybe if they are consistently talking...thats a good thing.

Friar Tuck said...

I think this whole Wright thing is crazy, though I had been saying that he is going to have problems as soon as they started talking about his pastor instead of talking about all of the muslim rumors.

Jeremiah Wright has been a notorious radical for years.