Monday, October 31, 2005

Blogworthy Music

Hey I recently heard a few cd's that I thought were "blogworthy"
so I thought I'd share...

In the RnB genre, I'm feelin...

Marques Houston Naked =I have to preface this by saying that the cd is truly for the "grown and sexy" and has some explicit lyrics. But I really enjoyed a majority of his songs and their composition. Most of the songs have a very sensual feel...so, knowing myself...I have to listen to it sparingly. :)

Trey Songz I Gotta Make it=this album is just...I just REALLY dig it. I knew I liked him anyway. He can really sing, it's evident that he is no studio artist. There is even a remix with Aretha Franklin...come on now!? He also has this song called "Gotta Go" which is a throwback to the rythm and blues of old...think The Dells...or The Ojays. I LOVE IT! With the exception of maybe one song...I can put the cd on and let it flow.

As for Gospel Music....

Kirk Franklin Hero=this is Kirk Franklin revealed. It is clearly so personal. It is awesome because as he strips away layers of his life, pain and so on he helps the listener to do the same. The music is beautiful, the message is on time, and the medium is most effective because the combination of all this allows the Spirit to work in the hearts and lives of those listening. I have been blessed by it. There is a song urging us to come back to our "first love" Jesus Christ...I love it. It has hawaiian luau melodies mixed in that are like whoa! You definitely should invest in purchasing this album.

Oh check out my brother's blog @ http://unspokentreasure.blogspot.com
I am really feeling his latest post about the 2000 lost lives in this
tragic war. Reading it really moved me, it is a truly "blogworthy" post!

I'll let u know as I find more blogworthy things.

xoxoxo

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

thanx for the headz up...i luv Trey Songz too...

And I'ma run out to get Kirk's cd, I wasn't sure what to expect...I'ma take ur word for it and b ready to recieve a blessing.

take care

Friar Tuck said...

fun!

theequeenbee said...

I agree that Hero is a good cd. Dorinda Clark Cole is tearing the song up at the end of title track. And you can truly see the genius in Kirk with his music composition in The Process.