Wednesday, September 28, 2005

"I Don't Want No Scrubs"


I used to need to have a "black book," so to speak. I needed to know that there was always someone I could call...when I was lonely, when I was hungry, when I wanted to go out, when I wanted to be held...and all that.
There was something in me lacking so much that I was willing to try different dudes to fill my void. When one would piss me off or let me down, I'd call the next. I knew that there was an ideal...that I had things that I wanted in a mate, but I was so broken that I would settle for the immediate satisfaction of any ol' body.
I'm ashamed to admit it. I knew better, but putting my knowing in action was elusive at best. I suppose it took, a bunch of let downs and disappointments to get me to the point of being truly tired!
I always knew that God alone could fill my void, but how? I just didn't get it. But it happened both over a period of time and instantly. I started to become painfully aware of the issues I had with my casual male "friendships."I was not any one of their priority. Neither were they mine, but I got tired of being available to them. God began to heighten my senses and show me that I'm too valuable to spread myself thin across more than one man. Men who, weren't committed to me.
Then it clicked, it just clicked. I was no longer going to entertain these empty, and aimless "relationships." ("No! I don't want your number, No! I don't wanna give you mine, and No! I don't wanna meet you nowhere, I don't want none of your time")There was no true benefit, other than just knowing there was someone waiting in the wings. I realized that reliance on this was telling of my true strength of character.
Right now I have a few people who are "mad" at me because I clipped my availability. I've tried to explain, but I'm not heard. It's ok though, because my mind is made up.
Finally I have come to grips with a few, what a fellow blogger called,RDBs. That's relationship deal breakers. Basic things that I knew mattered but I was too flimsy to enforce.Things like keep a job, have driver license...sheesh! Let alone the big stuff like love the Lord first. Now I am firm on what I want and I understand that if I don't stand on it...I'll never be blessed with what I desire.
I occasionally talk to a guy friend or two but it's different. No dinner dates, no movies...I'm cool. Rather be chillin at home, kickin it with my girls or whatever. I'm not beat to be in e'ry club anymore tryin to break my neck to appeal to some nigros I KNOW ain't what I want anyway.
Finally a back bone, finally the gall to stand on my standards.
I'm waiting for my "Adam." When he comes, I'm not gonna be tied up with a bunch of right now "scrubs"....I'll be ready.

PS. There is a man, who came into my life for a short time. We keep in very limited contact, but I want him to know that he helped me realize what God has for me. I'll call him RoyalPoet. RP, I know that you are and were far from perfect, but you made me know that I could have all that I imagine and more in a man. Today your zeal for the Lord is contagious, I pray everyday that you gain wisdom and understanding. More that you are blessed with happiness and in ministry.Thanx for the invite and for caring. I love you.

20 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow danny boy trippin..Neway...You truly have a gift..I wanna go see this movie just on your review...Aint my babies too cute..They hate to see their mommy sad...143

feels good b n FREE said...

@ anonymous enjoy the movie and my babies r precious.

@ E don't walk away because of that.It's a seccurity blanket. But what men don't know is that, if they treat her right the black book can quickly be retired!

Chele said...

Anonymous sure has a lot of negative energy to spare. Poor child.

Anyway...you are so on point with your post. We have to believe it's possible before it can become a possibility. I've been where you are and had a black book, too. Sometimes we block our own blessings. Adam isn't looking for a chick who's already hooked up or playing the field. The dissapointments come with the territory and it's refreshing to see a woman who took her lumps without becoming the jaded, jive-talking sista we're sometimes stereotyped to be. It takes a real woman to be able to say "it's not them, it's me picking them". I'm proud of you. *hugs*

Chele said...

Whoops, not Anonymous, sorry. Danny boy

feels good b n FREE said...

@ Chele..hey gurl! needed the cyber hugs..thanx
yeah danny boy is trippin. HC emailed me and told me that Dannyboy here chose to spam me because he didn't like something HC wrote. That's crazy huh?
Oh well, it mst suck to be a loser.

Ne way thanx for the encouragement. I'm tryna keep hope alive..lol

Amadeo said...

I know the sentiment...I used to be happy to have a warm body next to me...however when conversation can't hold up it just became trouble for me. I'd rather be alone than around someone I don't really like these days. A brotha needs a schoolboy crush again!

BTW...Before I clicked the comments section I was going to say "Damn her blog is popular!"

feels good b n FREE said...

@amedeo i feel you on the crush thing...can't wait to feel 16 again. u know?

and btw i do have a popular blog. :)
I only been bloggin for 2 months and my readership is up...don't sleep.(lol)

thanx 4 comin by!!!

Brotha Buck said...

Wow, I thought the same thing. 36 comments, I gotta check this one out! I hope that you know who did you know what.

feels good b n FREE said...

@brother buck
all i'm saying is this dude is welcome to spam me anytime...cause he got me lookin mighty good right now..lol

ne way thanx for comin thru...i luv seeing ur comments. and i guess i know who did u know what??
lol

brooklyn babe said...

Here's to New Beginnings..... just seems like UR maturing babes.

Friar Tuck said...

It sounds like you are really growing as a person, which is always a huge compliment to you!

BTR Living said...

This is a sister's testimony ... I tell ya ... I think we've all been in that place where we knew we had a void, we knew WHO could fill that void *well some of us anyway*, but we chose to fill it with the company of a man ... Thank God that He reveals himself to us ... it's even better when we take heed to His call and His Word ... thanks for sharing

Anonymous said...

Hi Diamonds, sorry for spamming your thread. I was just spamming HCs visitors accounts until he deleted his posts directed towards myself. He kept deleting my posts to him, while his posts to me were still in his blog. So if I can't have my posts there, than neither should he. Once again, apologies for the spamming.
take care, from Danny Boy. ;)

Chele said...

It's nice that he apologized and all, but I think he'd be well served to read what Humanity Critic had to say about when its time to Let It Go, Man!

princessdominique said...

I'm truly feeling this post! I had to rid myself of relationships that were going no where too. That's when I started doing the advice column. I used my experience to give advice. And I love TLC.

Icey said...

Wonderful post...knowing is half the battle!!!

courtney said...

nice post girl...stay in prayer...

Ddot the King said...

Great post. Keep it up!

Anonymous said...

learn our interesting site -

[url=http://trailfire.com/lexapro] alcohol and lexapro [/url]

http://trailfire.com/lexapro
[url=http://trailfire.com/lexapro] retirement lexapro withdrawals [/url]

Anonymous said...

see our special blog -

[url=http://trailfire.com/lortab] buy lortab without rx [/url]

http://trailfire.com/lortab
[url=http://trailfire.com/lortab] lortab watson [/url]